Bearing Grease Tool

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My BIL found these on Amazon. Bought one for his CanAm (Red tool). Was totally impressed by how much grease actually went in the bearing. Bought 2 more for my sisters Polaris (different sized front and rear bearings!). Slightly different application. The CanAm tool fits in with the knuckle off, the Polaris tool fits over the axle. For the price, if it saves one bearing change, they've paid for themselves.
IMG_8007.jpg
IMG_7957.jpg
IMG_8006.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have these for both of our ATV's yes the bearings take a surprising amount of grease even at brand new, it's now going to be a regular maintenance thing for me to top them up every spring and possibly more throughout the year based upon usage.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What machines are you using them on? I see exactly how the CanAm tool works with the twin o-rings. The tool for my Cats only has a single o-ring, i can't figure exactly how a strong enough seal is created to get the grease in the tiny seam between the races.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My new Rzr had zero grease in wheel brgs. Took 8 or 9 pumps of grease in each wheel before I even drove it.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had one of these apart yet so sorry for the possibility dumb question but what type of bearings are in there ? Tapered roller or something? And I am guessing their pressed in ?

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These tools work very well. Its amazing how much water comes out of the bearings after a good day playing out in the snow. Do mine 2-3x a year now. Electric grease gun makes it pretty quick, can get all 4 wheels, rotors off and greased up in about an hour. Though I will say all the tools arent created equal. Had one real cheapie that's o-rings just wouldnt let go even after being greased before going in. Ended up replacing the rings on the tool and it seems to work alot better now though.

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I emailed them to see if this would work on a 2021 Defender.
Reply is below

Good Morning,

Our Can-Am greaser only works on the Can-Am X3, years 2016-2019.

Thank you,

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I emailed them to see if this would work on a 2021 Defender.
Reply is below

Good Morning,

Our Can-Am greaser only works on the Can-Am X3, years 2016-2019.

Thank you,
Call Kevin @ Rapid Revolutions, he'll get you a greaser to fit your defender!

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Kevin @ Rapid Revolutions, he'll get you a greaser to fit your defender!
I got the greaser for the defender a few years ago on amazon but haven't used it yet. Thanks for the reminder with this thread!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried one of these on my outlander. I was surprised that the bearings didn't seem to last near as long after I did this. Must have compromised the seal? I talked to my bearing supplier and he said that it's highly debatable, especially if they're brand new. He didn't recommend doing it to new bearings.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried one of these on my outlander. I was surprised that the bearings didn't seem to last near as long after I did this. Must have compromised the seal? I talked to my bearing supplier and he said that it's highly debatable, especially if they're brand new. He didn't recommend doing it to new bearings.
their is the debate... People push 10 -20 -30 pumps of grease into these bearing and this just forces the seal out. Put that many pumps of grease into the palm of your hand and see just how much that is and compare it to the size of the bearing the grease pile will be bigger than the bearing. I have never been able to put in more than 3-5 pumps before i see signs of grease coming out so usually i put only 3 pumps in so i do not force past the seals. A hand grease gun can put up to 15000lbs of pressure and a electric double that.. What does that do to your seals? I easily get 10000 out of bearings or more with a yearly greasing of a couple of pumps...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found about 6 or so per wheel brg on rzr.
You can kind of feel when brg full.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke out my bearing tool finally. Only had time for the front end, 9 pumps in each before any grease oozed out! Doing the back and my wifes on the weekend.
I don't know how no grease comes out between the tool in the inside of the bearing. The tool only has a single o-ring. It pushed through the bearing, and came out between the bearing and the hub. I really don't care, if these 2 $25.00 bearings last another season, the tool paid for itself!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke out my bearing tool finally. Only had time for the front end, 9 pumps in each before any grease oozed out! Doing the back and my wifes on the weekend.
I don't know how no grease comes out between the tool in the inside of the bearing. The tool only has a single o-ring. It pushed through the bearing, and came out between the bearing and the hub. I really don't care, if these 2 $25.00 bearings last another season, the tool paid for itself!

Most tools don’t have o rings. To tight of clearance and grease will take the easy way.

Top Bottom