BC state of emergency.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
State of emergency or gouging ?, two local stores today . I’m thinking the ribeyes will be in the cooler until they are hamburger or garbage
Guess ill bring a cooler full of steaks with me when i come down!

Ps i can do a rib eye for 37$ Haha

But seriously...

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess ill bring a cooler full of steaks with me when i come down!

Ps i can do a rib eye for 37$ Haha

But seriously...
As it stands today it’s hit and miss for groceries due to the supply chain . As far as I know most everything is coming from the east . Hwy 3 is a long haul around from the lower mainland .

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
As it stands today it’s hit and miss for groceries due to the supply chain . As far as I know most everything is coming from the east . Hwy 3 is a long haul around from the lower mainland .
Yes, the manager from Askew's, here in Salmon Arm, has mentioned that most of his groceries comes from Alberta. Dairy and fresh produce come from Vancouver/Abbostford but they are sourcing out other suppliers.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The highway coming east isnt the best right now either, so its kinda like the perfect storm for Revy!

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will be a wake up call for the lower mainland. The progressives that hate oil and gas are about to see what happens when supplies run low, and by extension how much the Economy relies on transportation to function. It will be weeks before the pipeline companies complete their surveys of their ROWs and start flowing again.
While I would like to believe this will happen, I seriously doubt this will make a difference to their thinking.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm glad I got out of there when I did. Highway 12 from Lillooet to Lytton is definitely not designed for the traffic it's gonna see in the next while. Probably gonna be a few ugly wrecks on that road.
257764674_10226720435538755_6539590211212271399_n.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the manager from Askew's, here in Salmon Arm, has mentioned that most of his groceries comes from Alberta. Dairy and fresh produce come from Vancouver/Abbostford but they are sourcing out other suppliers.
Are food supplies low? Kids are thinking of stocking up here for the drive back to Vernon tomorrow.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are food supplies low? Kids are thinking of stocking up here for the drive back to Vernon tomorrow.
Wouldn’t hurt , as it’s hit and miss in the stores with produce , bread, dairy and meat being the top things absent at times

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not really. It seems to be in spurts. Dairy/eggs/butter are not consistent. People have hoarded and some of the basic good are gone. Prices have climbed. My favourite ice cream was $7.98 and it is now $9:79. Saw some pictures of meat prices in Revy and they are high. Veggies were gone on Thursday but lots of them on Friday. Fruit is fine.
Stores have stepped up and there are limits on various food types.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really. It seems to be in spurts. Dairy/eggs/butter are not consistent. People have hoarded and some of the basic good are gone. Prices have climbed. My favourite ice cream was $7.98 and it is now $9:79. Saw some pictures of meat prices in Revy and they are high. Veggies were gone on Thursday but lots of them on Friday. Fruit is fine.
Stores have stepped up and there are limits on various food types.

Perfect Thanks

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
State of emergency or gouging ?, two local stores today . I’m thinking the ribeyes will be in the cooler until they are hamburger or garbage
This is the price at Costco in Calgary and has been for a couple of weeks

Top Bottom