BC state of emergency.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are in the 1990 pic the now pic has 30 years growth. It's about where the golf course is.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how people get worked up when you say climate change,I think we can thank our past and present government for that,the climate is always changing,has forever, that's the way it works,it will still be changing long after our sorry self intidled civilization of today and future is long gone,I myself is every bit to blame as the next guy,I like my life and all the things I do, excessive fuel burning is my kinda fun,I love my little gadgets and new clothing,I still burn my cardboard and paper because I enjoy it,but I am a big enough of a person to admit we as humans have done a lot of changing since say the 60s,all of which has been supplied by the earth in one way or another, just my opinion though so feel free to flame me if it makes you feel better about yourself,

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least they haven’t blamed it on covid yet, lol. Terrible mess for livestock operations have heard some stats from my farmer friends that the death loss will be astounding. Our retarded politicians don’t appear to have mobilized the military to save animals or help yet?
I believe the military has been mobilized.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the military has been mobilized.
Local sea cadets not available?
I believe the photo on the left was a scan of a newspaper picture. I lived that flood. Been there, done that.
I actually remember that flood, I can't remember why we were down there but ended up taking the ferry out of Port Hardy to get home if I recall. My aunt and uncle were in aggazzie (or however you spell it) and I remember stopping in to see them just before it happened. I think it was a spring flood though wasn't it?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth announced Friday that members of the general public in affected areas will be limited to 30 litres per visit to a gas station.

The emergency order covers drivers in the Lower Mainland-to-Hope region, the Sea-to-Sky region, Sunshine Coast, the Gulf Islands and Vancouver Island, and will be in effect until Dec. 1. Essential vehicles including emergency responders, public transit, commercial transport vehicles, infrastructure repair vehicles and health-care transportation will not be limited.

"It's 10 to 11 days that we have to pull together as a province. If we're greedy, we'll fail," Farnworth told reporters.

Here we go...........the hue and cry from that SW corner is going to get sickening!! I also noticed, similar to the beginning of COVID, pull together and this will be over in a couple weeks. Ya' right!!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So there shouldn't be a shortage if they don't need gas from the west correct?

I'm sure Horgan's limo is fully fueled up to take him to and from his cancer treatments that others can't get because the hospitals are over run due to shortage of nurses caused by vaccine mandates and government mismanaged funding.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought everyone on the left coast used Uber or drove EV's?
This will be a wake up call for the lower mainland. The progressives that hate oil and gas are about to see what happens when supplies run low, and by extension how much the Economy relies on transportation to function. It will be weeks before the pipeline companies complete their surveys of their ROWs and start flowing again.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do think we will be sending them our wood fiber to rebuild since they are trying to shut down our forestry economy.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's transportation issues not lack of stuff,there's 5 hours line ups to get past the highway sink hole i just got home from working on,the highway won't be open till tomorrow afternoon,there's 3 places on the main highway like this,it's funny how people sit a bitch but I'd like to see how they would have handled a 200 year water event, easy to sit and say this should have been done or that wasn't done,but if they would have spent 20 million to be ready and it turned out to be half as bad then it would be what a bunch of wasteful idiots,no win situation,just quit bitchin and adapt, that's life, sorry for the rant been a 17 hour go go day

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's transportation issues not lack of stuff,there's 5 hours line ups to get past the highway sink hole i just got home from working on,the highway won't be open till tomorrow afternoon,there's 3 places on the main highway like this,it's funny how people sit a bitch but I'd like to see how they would have handled a 200 year water event, easy to sit and say this should have been done or that wasn't done,but if they would have spent 20 million to be ready and it turned out to be half as bad then it would be what a bunch of wasteful idiots,no win situation,just quit bitchin and adapt, that's life, sorry for the rant been a 17 hour go go day
Rant on man. Glad you are working the problem and being part of the solution. That’s what we need more of these days

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
State of emergency or gouging ?, two local stores today . I’m thinking the ribeyes will be in the cooler until they are hamburger or garbage

Attachments

• F3C911B4-7FF4-4644-A4B5-6EC50536257C.jpeg
    F3C911B4-7FF4-4644-A4B5-6EC50536257C.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DEF7AB45-023A-4195-BC93-8204E3A44A8F.jpeg
    DEF7AB45-023A-4195-BC93-8204E3A44A8F.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 183
Top Bottom