BC Shutdown?

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Village Idiot , Big Eddy pub, and Chubby Funsters are all owned by the same guy although they have different menus. Emos is an alternative with some similarity to Zalas. Three Chinese restaurants and two sushi type places with Kawakubo ( sushi primarily) being higher end and better food but the price reflects that. There are numerous places for pizza but I generally just stick to Zalas for takeout. The 112 in the Regent is good for steaks and lamb. . The Old School Eatery is an option, also The Explorers Society hotel - tried it a couple times MEH good food but overpriced

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Village Idiot , Big Eddy pub, and Chubby Funsters are all owned by the same guy although they have different menus. Emos is an alternative with some similarity to Zalas. Three Chinese restaurants and two sushi type places with Kawakubo ( sushi primarily) being higher end and better food but the price reflects that. There are numerous places for pizza but I generally just stick to Zalas for takeout. The 112 in the Regent is good for steaks and lamb. . The Old School Eatery is an option, also The Explorers Society hotel - tried it a couple times MEH good food but overpriced
how bouT Nicos pizza or DiD he seLL the Place ... AlwaYs friendlY clean and Good pizza and pouTiNE ... HoTSaucE !!!

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a while back that was happening but I don’t know results
how bouT the Burger joinT neXXT Ta Zalas great soup and I think I saw snopro walKing back Ta daYs iNN wiT a TripLe BurGeR iNN his hand ... LMAO... So guess they musT make a GreaT burger ...X XTRa picKle s mustard ketchup tomato Please !!... What's the name of thT BurGeR JoiNT ?? ... HoTSaucE !!!

Last edited:

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how bouT the Burger joinT neXXT Ta Zalas great soup and I think I saw snopro walKing back Ta daYs iNN wiT a TripLe BurGeR iNN his hand ... So guess they musT make a GreaT burger ...X XTRa picKle s mustard ketchup tomato Please !!... What's the name of thT BurGeR JoiNT ?? ... HoTSaucE !!!

Nomad

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another popular restaurant is The Taco Club, I’ve only had their food when it was a food truck and haven’t been there since it became a sit down place

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the place has been a sh..hole for many years , I don’t understand how the door remains open. The reviews on a trip advisor are classic. Comments such as Bates Motel, sleep with your clothes on etc

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the place has been a sh..hole for many years , I don’t understand how the doe remains open. The reviews on a trip advisor are classic. Comments such as Bates Motel, sleep with your clothes on etc
Haven't stayed there in 25 yrs. No rush to get back lol

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another popular restaurant is The Taco Club, I’ve only had their food when it was a food truck and haven’t been there since it became a sit down place

I found that it was way better as a food truck. Not bad as a sit down joint but i enjoyed the tacos more from the truck

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been staying at a buddy's place last few years in revy, but stayed at sandman last week to keep the covid BS in tack.. sure makes you appreciate the other, could have better sleeps in the sled trailer came to mind a few times..

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not my rant, but floating around on the Revelstoke community facebook page.

_-----+++++++++++++++++++++++

So I know people are probably sick of seeing posts about Covid and all the drama it’s created in this town and on this page.

Yes, this is a Covid related post. But....

Since the second wave, and when Covid finally hit Revy with its first outbreak. It really has been frustrating to see local businesses being affected by these recent events in Revelstoke. From losing significant business, temporarily closing and making headlines for the wrong reasons.

With Zalas being one of the businesses to make headlines lately, just pisses me right off. It’s really not Zalas fault for the headlines it made. Now, disclaimer before I carry on. I’m no scientist, I’m no health care professional, nor do I claim I know everything there is to know about Covid. I don’t know the story of every employee regarding who they’ve been around or if they’ve done any travelling. I don’t know if the outbreak was caused by a server, or hostess, or a line cook......or a f*cking sledder from Alberta.

But you know what really really grinds my f**king gears. Is seeing parking lots full of sled groups from Alberta and Saskatchewan. Maybe I missed the memo, but I didn’t realize coming to Revy for sledding was essential travel? Wait, don’t they have snow, mountains and other beautiful terrain to sled in Alberta? I’m born and raised in Alberta, it’s really a beautiful province. Oh wait, another disclaimer, Yes I’m from Alberta. We’ve been in Revy for almost 4 years now (When I say we, my wife and I. The wife is born and raised in Revy).

I just can’t believe the ignorance of some people. It’s been made public knowledge that small communities like ours, have limited hospital space and resources. It’s been made public knowledge that small communities like ours, can’t handle a big outbreak of Covid. But yet, groups of sledders feel the need to come here. Do they feel they are above the law? Maybe living in big centres like a Calgary or a Red Deer they don’t feel the effects of Covid as much as we would.

I get that we are a small tourist town. I totally understand that a lot of small businesses here count on the yearly winter season that brings in sledders, skiers and other winter outdoor activities. ****, I’ve been a small business owner myself and I’ve experienced first hand the many struggles that others have faced. Opening and running a small business is not easy, it’s a huge risk and in a lot of cases the margin for error is very small.

Alberta has been one of the worst provinces as far as Covid goes. It is so socially irresponsible to come here in groups to go sledding. They use our gas stations (not to mention filling up in Golden), stay in our hotels, visit our grocery stores while here.

Sorry, but why are businesses in town allowing this? Why are businesses taking these bookings? (Not going to get into the game of calling any businesses out). Like I said above, I totally get that every business in this town depends on that revenue stream. But hey, it’s a Covid world we live in now. Everything we are accustomed to doing basically has to change now. And that includes Revelstoke and its small businesses. It’s a dog eat dog world, and if some small businesses can’t or are not willing to change or adapt moving forward, then we will continue seeing places close down. Basic entrepreneurship and marketing for running a business doesn’t change, pandemic or no pandemic. Business 101 will tell you that the business world has always been like that. If you can’t change or adapt to attract new customers then your likely hood of success won’t be there.

Or better yet, why’s the Town of Revelstoke letting this happen? Or our provincial government? Or our local RCMP?

So now that Zalas had to temporarily close its doors, losing short term revenue and also potential long term revenue from these headlines, however you want to look at them. It’s employees, who are mostly very loyal and dependable as a team. A lot of their employees have been their for a long time. I know a couple of people who work there, a lot of them have families. For them to have to stop work to self isolate for 2 weeks and also lose work for the 2nd time since March, is completely unfair.

This rant is not pointing the finger just at one person and/or group. A lot of aspects have been handled irresponsibility by many groups. From the City of Revelstoke, BC Government and others while letting a lot of people down. Sure, Covid has a pretty high recovery rate and you may not ‘die’ from it. I’ve seen the arguments on Covid vs. The Flu. These are the side effects that Covid has when you look at the big picture. I just feel it is socially irresponsible that a group of people are willing to defy basic law, are willing to potentially put another community at harm and while they think they are doing good by supporting our local businesses by coming here to sled for a few days. They are actually putting a bigger strain out on econom as a whole. Now our government has to pay 15-20 Zalas employees ($13,500-$18,00) for those two weeks of self isolation.

But hey, you guys wanna hit up some fresh powder in Revy? Make a weekend of it? I’m not working right now cause of Covid.
8a4a0233051e7b25fd6ab63b8f8a45b3.jpg

Last edited:

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I know people are probably sick of seeing posts about Covid and all the drama it’s created in this town and on this page.

Yes, this is a Covid related post. But....

Since the second wave, and when Covid finally hit Revy with its first outbreak. It really has been frustrating to see local businesses being affected by these recent events in Revelstoke. From losing significant business, temporarily closing and making headlines for the wrong reasons.

With Zalas being one of the businesses to make headlines lately, just pisses me right off. It’s really not Zalas fault for the headlines it made. Now, disclaimer before I carry on. I’m no scientist, I’m no health care professional, nor do I claim I know everything there is to know about Covid. I don’t know the story of every employee regarding who they’ve been around or if they’ve done any travelling. I don’t know if the outbreak was caused by a server, or hostess, or a line cook......or a f*cking sledder from Alberta.

But you know what really really grinds my f**king gears. Is seeing parking lots full of sled groups from Alberta and Saskatchewan. Maybe I missed the memo, but I didn’t realize coming to Revy for sledding was essential travel? Wait, don’t they have snow, mountains and other beautiful terrain to sled in Alberta? I’m born and raised in Alberta, it’s really a beautiful province. Oh wait, another disclaimer, Yes I’m from Alberta. We’ve been in Revy for almost 4 years now (When I say we, my wife and I. The wife is born and raised in Revy).

I just can’t believe the ignorance of some people. It’s been made public knowledge that small communities like ours, have limited hospital space and resources. It’s been made public knowledge that small communities like ours, can’t handle a big outbreak of Covid. But yet, groups of sledders feel the need to come here. Do they feel they are above the law? Maybe living in big centres like a Calgary or a Red Deer they don’t feel the effects of Covid as much as we would.

I get that we are a small tourist town. I totally understand that a lot of small businesses here count on the yearly winter season that brings in sledders, skiers and other winter outdoor activities. ****, I’ve been a small business owner myself and I’ve experienced first hand the many struggles that others have faced. Opening and running a small business is not easy, it’s a huge risk and in a lot of cases the margin for error is very small.

Alberta has been one of the worst provinces as far as Covid goes. It is so socially irresponsible to come here in groups to go sledding. They use our gas stations (not to mention filling up in Golden), stay in our hotels, visit our grocery stores while here.

Sorry, but why are businesses in town allowing this? Why are businesses taking these bookings? (Not going to get into the game of calling any businesses out). Like I said above, I totally get that every business in this town depends on that revenue stream. But hey, it’s a Covid world we live in now. Everything we are accustomed to doing basically has to change now. And that includes Revelstoke and its small businesses. It’s a dog eat dog world, and if some small businesses can’t or are not willing to change or adapt moving forward, then we will continue seeing places close down. Basic entrepreneurship and marketing for running a business doesn’t change, pandemic or no pandemic. Business 101 will tell you that the business world has always been like that. If you can’t change or adapt to attract new customers then your likely hood of success won’t be there.

Or better yet, why’s the Town of Revelstoke letting this happen? Or our provincial government? Or our local RCMP?

So now that Zalas had to temporarily close its doors, losing short term revenue and also potential long term revenue from these headlines, however you want to look at them. It’s employees, who are mostly very loyal and dependable as a team. A lot of their employees have been their for a long time. I know a couple of people who work there, a lot of them have families. For them to have to stop work to self isolate for 2 weeks and also lose work for the 2nd time since March, is completely unfair.

This rant is not pointing the finger just at one person and/or group. A lot of aspects have been handled irresponsibility by many groups. From the City of Revelstoke, BC Government and others while letting a lot of people down. Sure, Covid has a pretty high recovery rate and you may not ‘die’ from it. I’ve seen the arguments on Covid vs. The Flu. These are the side effects that Covid has when you look at the big picture. I just feel it is socially irresponsible that a group of people are willing to defy basic law, are willing to potentially put another community at harm and while they think they are doing good by supporting our local businesses by coming here to sled for a few days. They are actually putting a bigger strain out on econom as a whole. Now our government has to pay 15-20 Zalas employees ($13,500-$18,00) for those two weeks of self isolation.

But hey, you guys wanna hit up some fresh powder in Revy? Make a weekend of it? I’m not working right now cause of Covid.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201228/8a4a0233051e7b25fd6ab63b8f8a45b3.jpg

Yes we all want to hit some fresh pow. Yes covid doesnt kill you. No jobs in Revy? I know that already. Might be Time too move again buds....

Last edited:

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If businesses didn’t want us to come they would tell us, they could post signs, “locals only etc” Heck they could even close but This is not the case. Many need and want the income. U do not speak for everyone, nor does your government with there recommendations, The RCMP can’t do **** because it’s just that recommendations...stop with ur tunnel vision! The people are speaking but you are not listening!

Last edited:
Top Bottom