BC Regs on sled decks

Reaction score
Can anybody help me out on the BC regs on sled decks having anything more than 2' past there tailgate you will get a fine, or is it ok if you have lights on the back of the sleds. i have tryed to look on the web site

ride safe this year and look into tacking an avy course Zacs Tracks is a good one.

Erin H

Reaction score
Can anybody help me out on the BC regs on sled decks having anything more than 2' past there tailgate you will get a fine, or is it ok if you have lights on the back of the sleds. i have tryed to look on the web site

ride safe this year and look into tacking an avy course Zacs Tracks is a good one.

Hi.

Best advice I can give you is to contact Brett (owner of Bulldog Sled Decks) based out of Chilliwack. He will definitely know for sure. I have an 8' box on my GMC Sierra 3500 and my sled deck has the 'beaver tail' option on it and it extends out past the tailgate by 24". I've never had a problem in BC or in Washington State.
Hope that helps.

Regards,
Erin Hart
BCSF - VP

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to a friend of mine that inspects and he told me that u can't have anything over 4 feet from your tail lights without a flag during the day and if it's at night, anything over 4 feet has to have a light on it. Also watch the GVW of your truck. As long as your hood isn't aiming at the moon they"ll generally leave you alone. So take your truck over the scales at 2 am and check out what you weigh.

mermaid

Reaction score
A IDOG said 1.2m or 4 feet from the tailights needs flag or light depends on day or night. You can pick up flags or lights at most truck sales or repair shops. As far as checking your weight just stop at any scale and go in and ask.. We have a mandate for CMV over 5500 kg's . So no we will not take enforcement action on a pickup with a deck.. If you need to read the Reg's go to Drive Bc and click on CVSE should be able to find what you need..Getting the fact's from CVSE will save a lot of time spent on the computer reading some of the BS that is out there..Mermaid:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A IDOG said 1.2m or 4 feet from the tailights needs flag or light depends on day or night. You can pick up flags or lights at most truck sales or repair shops. As far as checking your weight just stop at any scale and go in and ask.. We have a mandate for CMV over 5500 kg's . So no we will not take enforcement action on a pickup with a deck.. If you need to read the Reg's go to Drive Bc and click on CVSE should be able to find what you need..Getting the fact's from CVSE will save a lot of time spent on the computer reading some of the BS that is out there..Mermaid:d
lol...truck drivers call DOT officers "mermaids".....are you one?? if so, you are a good sport and welcome to the site....:beer:

mermaid

Reaction score
;) Yes i am . drove truck for thirty years before going over to the dark side twelve years ago.. We need a sense of haha in this field..Thanks for the wecome . will try to help when I can as I have been a sledder for twenty-five years also and am aware of some of the problems..:beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
;) Yes i am . drove truck for thirty years before going over to the dark side twelve years ago.. We need a sense of haha in this field..Thanks for the wecome . will try to help when I can as I have been a sledder for twenty-five years also and am aware of some of the problems..:beer:
that's awesome, we need an authority on BC regs here, did you see the other sled deck overhang thread? turned into quite the discussion on GVW's, commercial vehicles, log books, etc....

I are a truck driver....:D

mermaid

Reaction score
Yes I did read it but it was to far gone to help . just to much :realmad: :nono: going on . Some guys just like it that way

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mermaid I don't know if you're gonna fit in with this crowd...you seem to have way to level a head and are not interested in just starting bickering wars and causing grief. Hopefully you will be able to educate some of the members on just what they can and can't get away with.

Not that the bickering wars aren't entertaining, just frustrating when a person actually needs to get some credible info and has to spend days reading.

:beer::beer:

mermaid

Reaction score
Hell this is not a big deal , Married 41 yrs 4 kids , President of the Snowmobile Clus for 6 yrs..Let alone doing this job for 12.. Playing on the net is a walk in the park :d To stay sane I formed my own Benchracing Club in my shop. :beer::beer: Thanks for the welcome guy's Mermaid

mermaid

Reaction score
No I only go there for sledding ..Kelowna looks after Chase east. I try to stay out of the patrol units in winter thats for the younger guy's..

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I only go there for sledding ..Kelowna looks after Chase east. I try to stay out of the patrol units in winter thats for the younger guy's..
about 6 or 8 years ago I went thru Kamloops scale with a reefer van (Kenworth winch tractor pulling 53' van) on my way to get a load of seedlings from Campbell River and was pulling across the pad when the officer inside flashed the "stop" signal and I mistook it for the "pull in and park" light. went inside and the officer asked WTF I was doing.....he says: "I just wanted you to stop to see if your brake lights worked..." I felt like a tool....lol.

If I'm ever thru there again, I will stop in and say hello....but I think walking in and asking "Hey, are you mermaid?" might be asking for trouble....LMAO

Top Bottom