Bc. out of province inspection

dizzle

Reaction score
Going to be getting my 12 f350 that deleted inspected for bc reg. Has anyone left there dpf and scr off and passed. Or should I just throw it back on for the inspection?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id throw it back on. Depends on who does the inspection but legally to pass it has to be on and intact. Some guys will ignore that it is deleted and some won't.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ask them before u go to them lots of places don't care about emissions its a suppose to be a safety inspection

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any Alberta shops that would fail a safety because of a delete, on commercial vehicles anyway. Bc could be different, just ask and they will tell you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree that if you ask them they will just tell you, remember they don't work for the gov. Lol

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put it back on.. Any emissions equipment has to be on for inspection you may get lucky and get a shop that does not care but why take the chance. Im pretty sure if it fails it gets listed as to why it failed as well. If possible take it to a shop you can trust. When i moved up here i had a project daily driver that i know was in good shape and just passed a ontario inspection. The shop told me i needed 5g worth of work that i know was not true. All it needed was a windshield that got cracked on the trip up and had a new one on order. Car was going to the glass shop after inspection so the windshield was not even on the list. Ended up selling the car and the people that bought it replaced the windshield and the car past with no other repairs

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where ya take it and who inspects it

Being a auto tech in b.c can tell ya that.....

sent while drinking tea's

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked before I dropped it off and they passed it. Small one man shops are best.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any Alberta shops that would fail a safety because of a delete, on commercial vehicles anyway. Bc could be different, just ask and they will tell you

The new cvip book covers deletes. It says is also stamped something about not valid in Alberta. I'd have to look again to verify but we are not to the point of failing trucks that are deleted. Bc is different.

dizzle

Reaction score
Ok thanks so most likely will throw back on

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently got a bc inspection on my deleted ford and could not find a shop that would pass it with the deletes on it. Couple shops told me they have to take pics and submit them with the inspection. I had to put all my deleted emissions back to stock and let me tell you it's not fun.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to put both back on, anything to do with emissions is what I was told.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to shop around. Case of beer sometimes goes a long way.
Just saying

Guys can lose their license pretty easily these days. I'm sure there are guys out there that are willing to risk it for a case of beer but I sure as hell wouldn't. The shop they work for can lose their license and be fined big dollars too.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's to say the owner doesn't remove emissions crap couple days after the inspection?
From what i understand, my shop guy sayes "safety" issues are his only concern which will
just about always include a new windshield

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's to say the owner doesn't remove emissions crap couple days after the inspection?
From what i understand, my shop guy sayes "safety" issues are his only concern which will
just about always include a new windshield
The owner can do whatever he wants to the truck after the inspection. Its his truck.

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also do commercial inspections, and if I failed safeties over emissions deletes, a lot of people would take their business elsewhere

Top Bottom