BC bush closing in the Board Room stage??

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should make a trail you can actually ride on then... it's only about 200 meters should be no big deal.What about all the guys who park on the road should they fly to the trail?

So 200 meters of bad trail constitutes breaking the rules? Its 200 meters on 20 kms and as stated once there is more snow it will get better. If old Lucky 7 can do it it cant be that bad!! LOL

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they had BC plates then most likely locals. In my experience a lot of the locals drive older trucks and old open place trailers. Not that they need an $80g trucks and $20g trailer like out of province riders who travel great distances to get to these play areas. The locals get by fine with older stuff.

I think a lot of people have purchased sleds for sled skiing due to the uncertainty of the ski hill operations...I'm also thinking there are going to be a lot of noobies in the area this year and a lot of call-outs for SAR this winter. After Fernie Alpine resort closed early last March 15 there were a pile of people all of a sudden out sled skiing...tons of people staging at the rock quarry on Morrissey road...never seen that many people out sled skiing.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people have purchased sleds for sled skiing due to the uncertainty of the ski hill operations...I'm also thinking there are going to be a lot of noobies in the area this year and a lot of call-outs for SAR this winter. After Fernie Alpine resort closed early last March 15 there were a pile of people all of a sudden out sled skiing...tons of people staging at the rock quarry on Morrissey road...never seen that many people out sled skiing.
From what I've heard, it's been a bit of a **** show already in the McBride & Valemount areas. Lots of newbies that have no equipment, no experience, and no idea.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard, it's been a bit of a **** show already in the McBride & Valemount areas. Lots of newbies that have no equipment, no experience, and no idea.
Guys are hitting their spots in the Revi area because they’re tired. And confused and hoping someone can help them get home soon. It’s ridiculous. If you’re 95% sure you’re going to die phone search and rescue otherwise use your ****ing head and find your own way home

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but there are other concepts in play also. The yahoos that think their tax payer dollars paid for the roads think they can use them the way they like. Also, those same people think all the roads are on Crown Land not realizing that in BC a lot of land is owned by the logging companies. Those same people haven't got a clue about the agreements clubs have with the Government and the logging companies and that access is dependant on people following the rules. It isn't only "city folk" that think they are entitled to go willy-nilly up and down logging roads on private property. I love listening to the locals that use the line........."I've been using this road for 40 years and nobody is going to stop me!"

Its not owned by the logging companies it is leased to them for a time frame to cop lo their harvest. As Canadian citizens we should be able to enjoy recreational activity on crown land. Stand for something or fall for anything. That Corbin stage been a chit show forever. Novel concept plow out a stage at Tin shack an yellow gate. Outfawkinglaw remember lol. I stand corrected the virus is 99.8% recoverable. WTFU sheeple. Your getting played by a grouping drama teacher thieving lying POS. Cheers.

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI-A lot of the fernie area is owned by logging companies. It’s not crown land. Government sold off the land to CP rail 100 years ago, CP rail sold to logging companies and in some newer cases logging companies sold the land off to Asian investors....

U have been dooped....

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless who OWNS the land if it is a active haul road do not sled on it end of story. Even going up with truck and radio is still risky. Where you going to park if logging company doesn’t plow you a parking area.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Regardless who OWNS the land if it is a active haul road do not sled on it end of story. Even going up with truck and radio is still risky. Where you going to park if logging company doesn’t plow you a parking area.
If I followed your advise I would very rarely get to sled. I don’t ever sled from a staging area. They just don’t exist in my area. This year there is no logging where I ride so it’s a non issue but most years that’s not the case. Never had any issues. The logging company usually plows a big spot for us in the last landing or just past.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I followed your advise I would very rarely get to sled. I don’t ever sled from a staging area. They just don’t exist in my area. This year there is no logging where I ride so it’s a non issue but most years that’s not the case. Never had any issues. The logging company usually plows a big spot for us in the last landing or just past.
I don’t disagree with you, but you are familiar with your area conditions and are following logging protocol. the trouble is a lot don’t. That’s not where my comment was directed. I also ride exclusively in areas with no staging areas. But still never ride sleds on active haul roads. Active roads we drive up at night and look over parking when they are not being used.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but i'm guessing people most people, no matter how they feel about any of whats been going on, are getting very tired of the current situation the world is in right now.

The people who didn't follow the rules before, are following less rules.
The people who ignored the people not following the rules, are now so fed up and grumpy, that they are tired of ignoring the **** rats amongst us.
The power grabbing regulators, are capitalizing on this time like the rest, and are madly trying to 'get theirs' in all of this too, while everyone is madly fighting with each other over **** that shouldn't matter.

It's almost laughable seeing all the big talkers. They closed schools, churches and most business last spring. I can think of a handful of ways big brother could squash your riding, and it would cost them nothing more then an announcement on the 6'oclock news. Just like your all wearing masks, you'd park your sleds.

I can't wait until our next round of 'training'... and just how long it will take for everyone to fall in line:beer:

Top Bottom