Battery Removal or Lithium Replacement

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As title states, has anyone replaced the existing lead acid battery with a lithium replacement or removed it altogether and ran with no issues?

Nothing in the manual states any issues with running without..
I see EarthX makes a lithium replacement for a whopping $370 USD (part #ETX36D), is it worth it to save the ~10 lbs over the OEM battery?

My first sled with e-start, although it is nice to push and go, I definitely don’t mind pulling the cord 50+ times a day either...

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As title states, has anyone replaced the existing lead acid battery with a lithium replacement or removed it altogether and ran with no issues?

Nothing in the manual states any issues with running without..
I see EarthX makes a lithium replacement for a whopping $370 USD (part #ETX36D), is it worth it to save the ~10 lbs over the OEM battery?

My first sled with e-start, although it is nice to push and go, I definitely don’t mind pulling the cord 50+ times a day either...

If going to lithium check with one of your local battery shops. I was able to find an earth-X equivalent for about $200 from the local shop and only 2-3 days to get it in.. Battery weighs in a 2.4 lbs and was more cranking amps then the stock battery.

line8

Reaction score
EarthX has been a great upgrade for me. Whatever the weight difference is, it was noticeable lifting the back end up. I do wish the battery was up front through.
I put mine on a year ago. It cranks just as hard today as day 1. Its been out on a few pretty cold days and cranks the same. It sat all summer and cranked right up when the time came. Spendy, but so far 0 complaints.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If going to lithium check with one of your local battery shops. I was able to find an earth-X equivalent for about $200 from the local shop and only 2-3 days to get it in.. Battery weighs in a 2.4 lbs and was more cranking amps then the stock battery.

Do you happen to have a brand and/or part # for the one you went with? Phoned a couple local automotive stores with no luck so far...

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EarthX has been a great upgrade for me. Whatever the weight difference is, it was noticeable lifting the back end up. I do wish the battery was up front through.
I put mine on a year ago. It cranks just as hard today as day 1. Its been out on a few pretty cold days and cranks the same. It sat all summer and cranked right up when the time came. Spendy, but so far 0 complaints.

I can imagine it being a noticeable difference on the lifting - the stock battery is heavier than a guy thinks! I agree, they should locate the battery up front and make the seat storage a thing again!

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a brand and/or part # for the one you went with? Phoned a couple local automotive stores with no luck so far...
I lied. It was $229 plus communism....
This battery is about 5" tall, and has foam spacers that go underneath it for fitment into the stock location.

This is on a sidewinder, but all the sled/quad batteries I have seen are the same "20" series battery.

Hope this helps.

Ohh and make sure you specify the orientation of the positive and negative. 20210113_201419.jpg 20210113_201649.jpg 20210113_201658.jpg 20210113_201618.jpg

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lied. It was $229 plus communism....
This battery is about 5" tall, and has foam spacers that go underneath it for fitment into the stock location.

This is on a sidewinder, but all the sled/quad batteries I have seen are the same "20" series battery.

Hope this helps.

Ohh and make sure you specify the orientation of the positive and negative.View attachment 231790View attachment 231791View attachment 231792View attachment 231793

Ya as long as the battery depth will fit under the mount, spacers can be added to fit on the length and width aspects - so that battery should be exactly what I need! And the googler shows a couple local shops I will be phoning tomorrow to hunt one down..

Thanks for the info! Cheers!

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EarthX was sweet and light but only lasted one seasons for me, then shxt the bed,
then free warranty on a new one ,then again after one season shxt the bed,
And no warranty on the warranty battery was done, all in all BS
evan with a maintainer on it in the Sumer on the last one.
that magnasport look good tho, might have to try it out, good info

Kgra

Reaction score
Lith-x20HL by magnasport is correct for cat too. Have put in a couple sleds last year still working better then the lead acid when new. Weighs 2.9lbs instead of 14.8lbs.. got mine from lordco

Top Bottom