Barkerville

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know some PG riders that frequent the area, yet to tag along but someday. Say good things about it

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my inlaws ride there quite abit
they rent one of the cabins in town and go there every other weekend

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Geoff, the BCSF had a member ride up there maybe 5 years ago. I think they started in 100 Mile and went to Horse Fly, Likely, Barkerville, Wells, and up to PG. Other than that, I don't know anything of the area (bbtoys is familiar with it and knows quite a bit about crossing over to the McBide side). I am sure there was an article that will be archived on the BCSF web site.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geoff, the BCSF had a member ride up there maybe 5 years ago. I think they started in 100 Mile and went to Horse Fly, Likely, Barkerville, Wells, and up to PG. Other than that, I don't know anything of the area (bbtoys is familiar with it and knows quite a bit about crossing over to the McBide side). I am sure there was an article that will be archived on the BCSF web site.
There is the gold rush snowmobile trail, I assume that's how they did it

I'm not a trail guy tho, no two ups for this guy lol

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you ride normally?
Spent most of my time in Valemount, but years ago i tried to ride somewhere new every year, never did much in northern bc but covered lots of cool places in the south. Always tried to stay away from the weekend warrior spots. Riding has slowed lots for me over the last couple years.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually meant sled lol
Oh haha, in that case I haven’t ridden yanks in a few years. There’s a group on fb (pg sledders iirc) that has quite a few guys going out there regularly though

It was fun out there but almost the same distance to mcride, Imo 16 east is a ‘better’ winter drive then barkerville hwy

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh haha, in that case I haven’t ridden yanks in a few years. There’s a group on fb (pg sledders iirc) that has quite a few guys going out there regularly though

It was fun out there but almost the same distance to mcride, Imo 16 east is a ‘better’ winter drive then barkerville hwy
I looked for that, could not find it

Found prince George sledders, not sure if that's it

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barkerville hill climbs back in the 90's used to be the cats meow. Loved going to watch Turbo Larry on his Aerocharged 670 F-chassis Summit!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barkerville hill climbs back in the 90's used to be the cats meow. Loved going to watch Turbo Larry on his Aerocharged 670 F-chassis Summit!
Who was the guy that use to make the old videos? He came to our hill climb a couple times, I'm sure he was from BC

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can remember was Chad the muscle man. I'm sure Chad in the vids is Chad Rebec... but I could be wrong.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Steve Dalton AKA Steve O. He is no longer and when he was he was the producer of many sled videos in the 90's. RIP

Top Bottom