Bar Risers...Success!

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After a couple rides on the new Bully, Ive come to think I want risers. I'm leaning too far forward, feel sore in the shoulders after an hour or so.
Been looking at some and think instead of replacing the current stock risers, just adding Rox pivoting risers.
Any one have experience with them?
d2b69fd4a5154d2a835f31d7cf943abe.jpg
2b4cf5d176bf18383cbffe0ae013ebf0.jpg

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would NOT put pivot risers on a bike. 2-4" Risers are cheap. and you could probably do it without extending cables and wires.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would NOT put pivot risers on a bike. 2-4" Risers are cheap. and you could probably do it without extending cables and wires.

So, if I replace the current stock risers, which are already at least 2" (I haven't actually measured them, but you can see in the pic, they are pretty substantial already), I would need something in at least a 4", maybe a 6", measured from the top of the triple tree right?

Something like this will get me the height, and set the bars further back:
riser.jpeg

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something 2” taller and 2” back would probably work good and you probably wouldn’t need new cables

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, if I replace the current stock risers, which are already at least 2" (I haven't actually measured them, but you can see in the pic, they are pretty substantial already), I would need something in at least a 4", maybe a 6", measured from the top of the triple tree right?

Something like this will get me the height, and set the bars further back:
View attachment 234996

Correct, pull backs are nice too if you are already leaning forward. You would have to change cables and wires tho if you go past 6" for sure. Good way to tell is lock your bars to each side and see if the tightest cable has a few inches of play. With a stock set up you would be surprised at how much length and room you can get out of cables by just re routing them.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the bar risers are a fail :(. Found a super cheap set on Kijiji to try and see how it works with the speedo and the control cable length. They fit me great! Exactly the right height and pull back, but all the stock cables are all too short, and the risers just touch the speedo on full lock.
20210512_205920.jpg

20210512_205959.jpg

Going to set it back to stock and decide if its a shorter set of risers, or maybe a new set of bars, mini or shorter apes with new control cables. Doing new cables is a bit out of my comfort zone. Time to enroll in Youtube University again!

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like I have a plan to make these units work. Found enough slack in the throttle and clutch cables to make them fit better. Going to adjust the handle bar a bit and move the brake up the bar a touch. That should get me just enough slack in the brake line. Then I'll adjust the full lock with a shim (final plan is still in the air, the final plan may end up being don't turn full lock, or just grind off the corners a hair) so it wont touch the speedo. Final adjustment will be a series of machine bushings for the new bolts and risers to fit the bushing in the rubber dampeners.
All this really needs to work, because both bolts for the stock risers broke when removing. One still has a broken extractor embedded in it, and the other was scorched, stained and scratched removing the busted bolt.
Resized_20210514_153350.jpeg

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adding a series of different sized machine bushings I was able to get the new risers solid. Better news, they don't touch the speedo under full lock. Moved the brake lever a bit further up the bar to get just a bit more slack. I think I'll do the same thing to the clutch side. So far, the position is much better. Need to put a 100km trip on her to find out the difference for sure. But it will have to wait until I get back from Hay River next weekend.
20210526_194809.jpg
20210526_194822.jpg

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin good! Does the position feel better for you?
I've only riden it to and from work so far. Not far enough to get a real feel in the shoulders, but the seating position is much better. This is a big bike and I'm only 5'6" (on a tall day!) so time will tell.
I found you yesterday on the 109Riders Forum too. That place has tons of info about these specific models. Seem like a good bunch of guys willing to help.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a great forum as well! I became a member on that one when I had my M90. I really liked that bike. Then one afternoon a few years ago it was written off when a driver made a left turn in front of me.

Top Bottom