Baofeng Radios

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you want to use them for? We are under a government that can't even run the CRA. And there is a radio section geek gabb gps and radio.
462.5875 and giver man... that's RR2 and works on one of the BCA channels too

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your on a BCA channel and your TDR is set to on, you will hear them transmitting from RR2 if it is on your lower B which is a VHF channel not UHF channel. But hey what ever is working for you just carry on.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10-4 good buddy. Im usually baofeng to baeofeng just handy then the odd BCA guy shows up and they can quickly use the same channel as we are on.

is there an issue with 462.5875? I meant FRS2... no glasses but maybe I need some lol

I keep A&B on same channel usually... less confusion as the lapel mic only mics B?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you want to use them for? We are under a government that can't even run the CRA. And there is a radio section geek gabb gps and radio.

Mainly sledding and quadding in sask. Nice to keep in contact with group and not always good cell service. Usually withing 50 miles of Ab border

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple of theses radios for a few years. Just sit on the shelf. I guess mainly cuz I'm not sure what channels to use. Is there a list somewhere and does everyone using them have to be licensed? If so what is the process?
No license you can get will make these radios legal for anything but Ham frequencies. User programmable radios not legal for VHF channels. Output power too high for FRS/GMRS channels. Great little radios. I use them all the time. Just be aware of what you have and use them responsibly.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get from Ray, they are all programmed including BCA channels. a google search will give you all frequencies to do cross overs to other radios. We run Baofeng, BCA and Garmin all in same group.
VHF channels will give you best range. Have been using these now for maybe 8 years or so, still using original radio and battery. Use about 50-60 days a year. Also can switch to frequency mode and use with a guy that has Kenwoods.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get from Ray, they are all programmed including BCA channels. a google search will give you all frequencies to do cross overs to other radios. We run Baofeng, BCA and Garmin all in same group.
VHF channels will give you best range. Have been using these now for maybe 8 years or so, still using original radio and battery. Use about 50-60 days a year. Also can switch to frequency mode and use with a guy that has Kenwoods.
The latest BF-F8HP counterfeit radios actually get best range on UHF channels, getting 8 watts or better, and only 5 watts on the VHF. As well as the Zastone A-19 have also switch more power to the UHF channels. But the lions share of the Baofeng is on the VHF, except for the latest 10 watt radios and waterproof radios they just do not make any power on VHF or UHF so as low as 1 watt.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For lightningmike. The official ..unofficial offroad channel for quadding snowmobiling is 146.460 you can just type that in in frequency mode and use those radios. I highly doubt anyone will bother you on that channel.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For lightningmike. The official ..unofficial offroad channel for quadding snowmobiling is 146.460 you can just type that in in frequency mode and use those radios. I highly doubt anyone will bother you on that channel.

Awesome . Thankyou

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
Does Alberta use the same frequency line up as BC for Resource Roads ??? RR3-RR10--RR16--RR35 etc with the same frequencies we use in BC??? Loading frequencies the same ??? Have looked a few times for Alberta stuff but only find BC info.

Reactions: RXN

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the list an oil guy gave me from Alberta roads he was using.

Attachments

• Alberta list.jpeg
    Alberta list.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 101

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The latest BF-F8HP counterfeit radios actually get best range on UHF channels, getting 8 watts or better, and only 5 watts on the VHF. As well as the Zastone A-19 have also switch more power to the UHF channels. But the lions share of the Baofeng is on the VHF, except for the latest 10 watt radios and waterproof radios they just do not make any power on VHF or UHF so as low as 1 watt.

You have any suggestions on why a uv82hp decides to do random static bursts!

Some days somebody’s radio decides to randomly go crazy?

My other issues have been external mic’s having shitty connection in the jacks. People can hear through the mic but it won’t transmit when the talk. I have a set that from brand new needed firm pressure on the connector into the radio or it won’t transmit and you don’t realize nobody can hear you.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have any suggestions on why a uv82hp decides to do random static bursts!

Some days somebody’s radio decides to randomly go crazy?

My other issues have been external mic’s having shitty connection in the jacks. People can hear through the mic but it won’t transmit when the talk. I have a set that from brand new needed firm pressure on the connector into the radio or it won’t transmit and you don’t realize nobody can hear you.
Haha ...ya some of the radios do squelch out, i really think it is not fixable even adjusting the squelch. More radios do that than what you think though. It is not fixable in my opinion ....sorry to have to tell you that. It is a constant struggle to get the best mics and antennas for sure, i tested a lot of antennas and posted those findings on here.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha ...ya some of the radios do squelch out, i really think it is not fixable even adjusting the squelch. More radios do that than what you think though. It is not fixable in my opinion ....sorry to have to tell you that.
👍. Pretty sure I’ve cranked them all to 9 by now.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does a guy loose if we just crank the squelch right of the bat? Range , clarity etc.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does a guy loose if we just crank the squelch right of the bat? Range , clarity etc.
With the baojie cranked right to the hilt it was no better.. just beyond annoying. i just replaced those radios. The baofengs could be picking up so much chatter just off the frequency or at the fringe range. I guess you could try the newer load channels on VHF. Some radios are better at reducing static.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the baojie cranked right to the hilt it was no better.. just beyond annoying. i just replaced those radios. The baofengs could be picking up so much chatter just off the frequency or at the fringe range. I guess you could try the newer load channels on VHF. Some radios are better at reducing static.
I can never say it’s the same radio consistently. Seams random.

I have about 8 radios. Usually haul up an extra radio and a couple extra mic’s to swap out what ever is acting up that day.

Top Bottom