baofeng picking up helis or?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do you ride a Polaris by any chance? I do and also ride with the BCA rep. that rides Polaris. Myself with 2 different Baofeng radios and both were experiencing the noise interference when I was riding. So I ask my buddy and he tells me they have had some complaints about interference with the BCA radios but mostly from guys who ride Polaris. So I check my spark plug caps and both seem good. A few more rides and being further annoyed, decide to change my plugs. What do you know, the interference is suddenly gone. Prior to this I also increased the squelch levels but it did not help.

Yeah. Agree it could be interference from the sled. One of my buddies was saying his would have static bursts as he was on and off the throttle. But I have had it many times while having a break and all sleds shut off!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Agree it could be interference from the sled. One of my buddies was saying his would have static bursts as he was on and off the throttle. But I have had it many times while having a break and all sleds shut off!

Keep in mind that if you guys run the optional long antennas you are going to hear a lot more. E.g. the yahoos from the local ski hills etc.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does it when sleds are not running. No it's not the sled. That would be pretty easy to figure out......

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really think it is picking up weak signals on the channel or cross over from a close frequency.

Just need to find my programming cable to confirm what my squelch settings actually are.

Good old China Quality!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha...last resort to overcoming a baofeng squawker. Hopefully the odds are in your favor !!

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a good, or specific program cable to get? I see some on amazon. I guess I best get me one to decipher this anomaly

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the FTDI is a more reliable cable, the cheap cables will work...most times. But i have had trouble with the cheap cables.. about 1 in 200 radios fail to program with the cheap cables. I have done about 40 difficult radios with a FTDI cable and all managed to program.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this one??? Theres a lot of 3rd to last on that link you showed.....................................

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one with the radio and program cable. The 35 dollar selection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom