Baofeng mics

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
There's a few guys on here have done all kinds of testing with these radios. I can't find the threads. The cheap mics that I got with the radios don't last very long. What's the best bang for the buck to replace them?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what your mic issue is but we had a batch of 12 brand new radios from a S&m source that all had issues with the radios 2 pin connector. Bad connection on the transmit terminal and we could hear the group but they could hear us.

Long story short. It wasn’t the mic’s. 12 bad radios from brand new. All hit the garbage bin.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike you can get a kenwood mic for the baofeng radio. There was a fellow from Nisku area that was selling them that I purchased mine from. See if I can dis up his contact info

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya mic are junk . Snow or mud gets in them and they are done . Ive probably gone through 10 or more. Kinda done with them

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Not sure what your mic issue is but we had a batch of 12 brand new radios from a S&m source that all had issues with the radios 2 pin connector. Bad connection on the transmit terminal and we could hear the group but they could hear us.

Long story short. It wasn’t the mic’s. 12 bad radios from brand new. All hit the garbage bin.
Pretty sure it's just the mics. They used to work fine. Those cheap ones aren't made to withstand the abuse we give them.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had this issue with mine. I gorilla taped the mic pin so held it in. Worked fine then. Got new mics. Better test it out tomorrow to make sure not radio

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with the BCI mics. I have them specially made for sledding.
I got my radios from you. Not sure the brand of original mics, but they lasted quite a while.

Summitboy

Reaction score
The new Bao waterproof mics seem to be holding up well in Revy. Sold a pile of them and not one has come back for warranty. One guy said he had trouble cutting in and out but no mic cover in the snow. Thats all ive seen so far !

flatspeed

Reaction score
The UV82 and most baofengs with the 2-pin style microphone jack have an issue with the jack itself. Often after some wear and tear it will receive but not transmit with the speaker mic or with it used normally as a handheld. There’s a relatively easy fix that involves disassembly and soldering a few pins.

I’ve had to do this repair to a few of mine already.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The UV82 and most baofengs with the 2-pin style microphone jack have an issue with the jack itself. Often after some wear and tear it will receive but not transmit with the speaker mic or with it used normally as a handheld. There’s a relatively easy fix that involves disassembly and soldering a few pins.

I’ve had to do this repair to a few of mine already.

Post up a video or some details if you do it again. This is defiantly a problem. We even had a bunch with this issue from new.

Seller said he’d never heard of this issue. Lol.

Top Bottom