Bankruptcy questions

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fibreglassing fishing boats for $5.25/hour. Pure death. No safety glasses, god that was fun when resin dripped into your eyes.
Out on 9,10 lengths high of scaffold, no such thing as tying off. 3 or 4 guys leanin over a 45 gallon drum of resin havin a smoke on break....safety was non existant.
That was only 20 years ago...dont miss it

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thinking of the 100s of jungle workers stomping coca leaves, body parts exposed to so many chemicals all day long for penny’s an hour.
surly we can import them to work here for a $5 hr starter wage if needed. All of a sudden less pay doesn't look so bad.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They only real criteria is you had a payroll of not less than $50,000 in 2019. Applications open Monday April 6. They expect to be busy. You apply at the bank where you have your business account at.

Easy peasy, this might be the best money I made all year. Now the U.S loggers will be requesting more tariffs saying we’re subsidized lol.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thinking of the 100s of jungle workers stomping coca leaves, body parts exposed to so many chemicals all day long for penny’s an hour.
surly we can import them to work here for a $5 hr starter wage if needed. All of a sudden less pay doesn't look so bad.

Best workers I ever had were the Cubans, $20 a month and would out work most Canadian rig crews......... in the summer. Not cold weather people that's for sure

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we have some of those, but hard to get around that minimum wage....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not planning on a long time down, so wrenching has begun on any pieces of equipment and all the trucks coming in that are not still working.
Hopefully by the time road bans come off its all ready to roll.
Roll the dice, its like Vegas.
Who you work for, Interfor?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ontario shut down construction as of noon tomorrow, wonder if Alberta will follow.

We are setting most folks up to work from home (I'll gladly keep coming to the office) but if the industry gets shut down and there are no projects moving forward there will not be any work for us to do.

Let's hope not.... Mattamy Homes is based out of Ontario and play a major factor in Alberta's new home construction. I know we'd lose a couple more supes and service techs, if Mattamy pulls the pin. I've been transferred to our Commercial division, supervising new wood apartments. I'm currently on a 5 story 74 suite building, which would be good for about 6 months...…. 6 weeks from now I'm to start another 124 suite wood building.
That would be a year + of guarantied income. Without this, I'd probably have to take 2 jobs to make ends meet.

pizalm

Reaction score
Let's hope not.... Mattamy Homes is based out of Ontario and play a major factor in Alberta's new home construction. I know we'd lose a couple more supes and service techs, if Mattamy pulls the pin. I've been transferred to our Commercial division, supervising new wood apartments. I'm currently on a 5 story 74 suite building, which would be good for about 6 months...…. 6 weeks from now I'm to start another 124 suite wood building.
That would be a year + of guarantied income. Without this, I'd probably have to take 2 jobs to make ends meet.

Here in Ontario if you started the project before the new rules you can complete the project or if permits were issues before April 4. I can see it changing again but that’s what it currently is.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now what Doo I doo......... Just came across and going to view a mint condition very low kms, Sebring convertible.
Owner is desparate for cash......... wants 1000.00$ has currrent vehicle inpsection amd registered in Alberta
My wallet is saying..... 500 deposit and run vin, or 1000 and just take chances.....
Brain is saying, since covid-19 you are actually saving money, so don't phuck this up!!!

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now what Doo I doo......... Just came across and going to view a mint condition very low kms, Sebring convertible.
Owner is desparate for cash......... wants 1000.00$ has currrent vehicle inpsection amd registered in Alberta
My wallet is saying..... 500 deposit and run vin, or 1000 and just take chances.....
Brain is saying, since covid-19 you are actually saving money, so don't phuck this up!!!

after a morning coffee you will know what to doo

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be a good car for your daughter.....

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well??????? What did you do?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We went and looked at the car, it has 174,000K, so not very low kms. Interior is in extremely nice cond, rag top is good, exhaust smells clean at start up and running temps, oil and tranny doesn't smell burnt, tires are new, glass is perfect, trunk is immaculate, donut has never been used, drives nice and straight, brakes are good, only thing I have an issue with, is when driving and 1/2 turn of the wheel left and right. There is a small clunk at the left front tire.

All in all, wife and I both like it. going to run the vin tomorrow and think more about it tonight. Might need to find a mechanic here to check it out and sign off good to go for insurance

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went and looked at the car, it has 174,000K, so not very low kms. Interior is in extremely nice cond, rag top is good, exhaust smells clean at start up and running temps, oil and tranny doesn't smell burnt, tires are new, glass is perfect, trunk is immaculate, donut has never been used, drives nice and straight, brakes are good, only thing I have an issue with, is when driving and 1/2 turn of the wheel left and right. There is a small clunk at the left front tire.

All in all, wife and I both like it. going to run the vin tomorrow and think more about it tonight. Might need to find a mechanic here to check it out and sign off good to go for insurance

(quick quess here) the Rack and Pinon is loose where it bolts to the frame

check it make sure the frame not cracked where it bolts up to car

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you hit the curb? Was that the clunk?:rolling:
It comes equipped with curb feelers :rolleyes:
(quick quess here) the Rack and Pinon is loose where it bolts to the frame

check it make sure the frame not cracked where it bolts up to car
If the vin checks out tomorrow and we decide to buy. I was thinking of taking a bottle jack there and having a looksie underneath

I will take your advice and look there as well. Also grab the tire and check ball joints and tire rods. It's a basic way for me to check

Top Bottom