Bankruptcy questions

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It comes equipped with curb feelers :rolleyes:

If the vin checks out tomorrow and we decide to buy. I was thinking of taking a bottle jack there and having a looksie underneath

I will take your advice and look there as well. Also grab the tire and check ball joints and tire rods. It's a basic way for me to check

use a pry bar or big azz screw driver to check for slop

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
did you take it out on the highway and get it up to speed. I LOVED having a convertible and will get another for this summer but I could not get over, nor find the cause of, a high pitched whistle with the top up at higher highway speeds - so I sold it. Otherwise it was an awesome car but I do way too much highway driving to put up with that. I tried re-sealing the windshield weather stripping, tightening up top closer latches and even swapping out the windshield wipers, nothing seemed to work.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got soooo much money into everything tho - just don't wanna lose everything but f*k she's starting to get tight here - I did major Reno's to my house but they aren't complete - got a camper I owe 20 grand on was 54 grand new - really don't want to do bankruptcy - how long can a guy realistically avoid the bank and collections and doni take the tires off the f350 to slow down the repo lol I dunno - never been in this situation b4 - sorry for all the people reading this that think it may be twisted - trying to see what every option in the world is
Went through the same thing in the early 80's just know covid . But the bottom fell out with know help from the goverment ,but the best thing to do is talk to the bank and get some releif by refering payments or just pay the interest only. I know peaple how did claim bankrupcy and the regret it now, they say after 5 years you start with a clean slate . Bull **** I had a friend do that 20 yrs ago and it still bite's him in the ass still. It's a tough time for everyone right now and the baanks know it and they don't want your stuff because it's worth a nickel on the dollar. So I would talk to them plus the gas and electicity guys and make some arangements. They would far sooner get a nickel than nothing.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
it's a $1000 car... what do you expect... sway bar links and bushings are very common on that type vehicle. causes clunking sounds, especially over bumps or when steering wheel slightly turned while driving...

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We looked at a coupe of others, and decided against this one. Upgrading a few thou would make a huge difference!!! We're in no hurry, but will be looking later.

On the plus side, I get to keep my cash in the bank, for another rainy day

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We looked at a coupe of others, and decided against this one. Upgrading a few thou would make a huge difference!!! We're in no hurry, but will be looking later.

On the plus side, I get to keep my cash in the bank, for another rainy day
Sebrings are throw away cars, cheap junk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So back on topic.....

On the 15th I took a sizeable decrease in pay, I still owe $64,000.00 on my 2018 High Country 1500 6.2L
Pay decrease is my truck payments + a little more. I spoke to my Advisor at RBC about just giving the truck back, as I now can not make payments on it. She advised me not to do that and within a day, I don't make any payments for 6 months.
If nothing changes in 6 months, RBC will cross that bridge when we get there. If a miracle cure comes about and all is good again.....
The accumulated interest for the 6 months will need to be paid back and regular payments resume as normal

I know it's going to be difficult to sell a low mileage high priced truck, but I think I'm going to list it on Kijiji

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So back on topic.....

On the 15th I took a sizeable decrease in pay, I still owe $64,000.00 on my 2018 High Country 1500 6.2L
Pay decrease is my truck payments + a little more. I spoke to my Advisor at RBC about just giving the truck back, as I now can not make payments on it. She advised me not to do that and within a day, I don't make any payments for 6 months.
If nothing changes in 6 months, RBC will cross that bridge when we get there. If a miracle cure comes about and all is good again.....
The accumulated interest for the 6 months will need to be paid back and regular payments resume as normal

I know it's going to be difficult to sell a low mileage high priced truck, but I think I'm going to list it on Kijiji

Maybe you could trade it on a cheaper vehicle. You take a hit, but could roll that over to the new loan maybe.

Good luck. :beer:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So back on topic.....

I'm in the same boat with the payments - I only owe $17000 left on my truck but the way things are going it's just not gonna be feasible - I tried listing mine on Kijiji but people wanna give me $25000 for a $45000 truck - I'd rather fake steal it and drive it off a road like that one dude from Calgary FML

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also ask the bank if it’s possible for someone to take over payments ?
Going to take a huge loss if not as truck isn’t worth the $62 or even close to that .
Contact some wholesalers as well with the US dollar so strong .
Sorry man it sucks .

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Worst part is, I love the truck and would rather not get rid of it, but thanks to covid.
Things are going to get worse for us, before getting better
I'll google wholesalers and check the site for threads
Even if I could break even with sending it south would be great

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst part is, I love the truck and would rather not get rid of it, but thanks to covid.
Things are going to get worse for us, before getting better
I'll google wholesalers and check the site for threads
Even if I could break even with sending it south would be great

http://www.vmrcanada.com/

This site is pretty much spot on . Trade in and wholesale prices .

Top Bottom