Backfiring Issues 2021 turbo doo

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No they have not found the problem, they did a full checkup on it and it came back perfect. I will get all of my filters changed and wait till the snow flies so that we can try to replicate it here, if not it has to go to the hills with them to diagnose.
Buddy's had balck crap in the fuel pump that plugged the filter. The pump needed cleaning out too. Unclear if it was bad fuel or a break down of an gasket or seal in the pump iteself.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
It is what I expect something small like that cuz it has been flawless for 2 seasons, i am really in a pickle though, can't sell it this way, warranty is done Nov 22 and extended warranty is $1800.00. The new sled is coming in Nov, or is it? Do I put the extended warranty on the old one and try to get it back when I sell it? I would trade it if my new one comes in on time but if it isn't till Jan then what? I am leaning on putting warranty on, cancelling on my new one especially if it is late, what do you guys think?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this issue has been previously brought up and unresolved while under warrranty, I would confirm with your dealer that they will handle it post warranty. In writing. BRP can be difficult to deal with at times though. IMO a standup dealer should look after you though.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty still should cover that issue since the claim was opened, UNLESS the dealer said it was resolved, I’d confirm with them.
Hopefully they checked the fuel pressure and the injector’s.
Ron possibly had similar issues to yours, but yours sounds more extreme.
I hope our sled don’t come in in JAN. According to my dealer and monitoring other American forums, the “spring only” sleds are still on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is what I expect something small like that cuz it has been flawless for 2 seasons, i am really in a pickle though, can't sell it this way, warranty is done Nov 22 and extended warranty is $1800.00. The new sled is coming in Nov, or is it? Do I put the extended warranty on the old one and try to get it back when I sell it? I would trade it if my new one comes in on time but if it isn't till Jan then what? I am leaning on putting warranty on, cancelling on my new one especially if it is late, what do you guys think?

i would extend that warranty having the issues that you are. Hopefully the first fix is the right fix but i had one unit from 2021 that still isnt fixed. We have taken it to the hills numerous times for testing and diagnosis will be going on year 3. If no engine codes show up and it cant be replicated in the shop it could be a while before its sorted out and you don't want to be on the hook for paying for that. It sucks, but its the reality of that situation with these fancy new computer controlled sleds.

if it were me, i would try and get the sled out before warranty expires on the 22nd, if its still not working, get the warranty, sort the issue out, i don't think you will have a hard time selling it with the extended warranty. And you will probably have to buy it anyways just to sell it. Sell it when its fixed, and take the new one. The new sleds are monsters. You want it. Trust me LOL

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I had these issues with mine. Martins changed fuel pump twice, primary injectiors then they changed the secondary injectors. The issues are gone and sled runs flawless for last 4 weekends in deep snow conditions. But took a while to find the issues

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I will totally trade it in if the new one shows up in Nov, my dealer said blue book value is $15000 which is a pretty big hit for 2 years of riding, so I dunno because there is an exact sled to mine in kijji for 17500 not selling and if I put ext warrant on it for $1800 I am at trade in value anyways. These new sleds are awesome but the cost of riding per km is way up, starting to think that building my own again is the way to go because you can't afford to own one off warranty with the engine being $8000.00. I am also frustrated that I cannot work on these machines and fix them myself, as Ron discovered it can be a long road to figure out some of these issues and my sled has the same problem, no check engine light or code, how many trips will be wrecked diagnosing arrrr.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why can't you work on it yourself?

I get you need the budds to work on fuel problems. Other than that they dont seem too bad.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why can't you work on it yourself?

I get you need the budds to work on fuel problems. Other than that they dont seem too bad.

if you dont have an engine code and you cant replicate the problem in your garage your essentially left with replacing expensive parts until the problem goes away. Most parts/sensors arent even interchangable without being calibrated so you cant even swap parts to test if you had a nice buddy that would let you do that.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you dont have an engine code and you cant replicate the problem in your garage your essentially left with replacing expensive parts until the problem goes away. Most parts/sensors arent even interchangable without being calibrated so you cant even swap parts to test if you had a nice buddy that would let you do that.
Plus electronic parts are non returnable. So you buy it and it doesn’t work? You own it

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I get that, but hes talking about building a sled now. I didnt mean for this issue, that should be warranty. I meant in general. They are no harder to work on than any other sled

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get that, but hes talking about building a sled now. I fidnt mean for this issue, that should be warranty. I meant in general. They are no harder to work on than any other sled

They are to a point, yes they are nut and bolts but when a wire is attached, unfortunately a budds interface to program that part.

I’d love to take my new sleds home in its crate and build it myself, but I would have to take it back to the dealer to hook it up to the budds.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are to a point, yes they are nut and bolts but when a wire is attached, unfortunately a budds interface to program that part.

I’d love to take my new sleds home in its crate and build it myself, but I would have to take it back to the dealer to hook it up to the budds.

You can build one yourself, just need to get a job at the factory…

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its been like that for years. But if you can change the top end in a 800, or pull a motor. you can do it to your turbo sled also.

Catman was worried about motors off warranty.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone can get the budds programing. It be nice if a guy could split the yearly bill with half dozen buddies though

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
While a doo is on warranty I cannot touch a thing so I am relying on a dealer to fix it, could be simple or it could take several trips to diagnose as well as the inability to swap parts to figure it out, every electronic piece needs to be calibrated and I do not have buds, these doos are really electronic and I am lost honestly. I have worked on and fixed every sled I owned except this one and my 23 will be no better if a problem arises, how will I fix it? I think a person has to get on the new every year and hope that you don’t get a dud or build my own that I know I can fix in my garage or my trailer or even on the hill if I have to, it’s not gonna likely happen with the way the sleds are heading unfortunately.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a beautiful thing when they work.. I wonder the same thoughts of vehicles and machinery, one little malfunction shuts down the whole operation. Hook up the web to a machine then what happens?

Top Bottom