Back into Sledding!

Nagzs

Reaction score
Hi

Just getting back into sledding!!! My dad and my self spring ordered two 800 Summit 154" and bought a 14ft aluminum trailer. I'm from Ontario and I'll be driving out mid December and staying till christmas, going to leave my truck, trailer, sled with a buddy in Calgary and hoping to fly out once a month to go ride.
Last year i came out to Kicking Horse with my parents and we rented sleds from Rocky Mountain Riders...the rest is history from their. We both loved it went home and ordered sleds. Would be great to meet some new ppl to show me around the mountains.

A little about me.....

Riding experience: 15+ years, started on a kitty cat when i was 3. The past 8 years haven't owned a sled.

Riding Style: Back when i use to ride it was mostly flat lands in Northern Ontario with the odd trip to Quebec. I raced snowcross for three years competitively traveling Ontario and Quebec. Stopped racing cause couldn't race and go to school.

Riding Level: Based on the few days i rode last year i would say i'm easily an intermediate. Our guide Yin was able to take us all over without any troubles. Was able to do a few small drops and highmarked most hills. Had a blast.
This winter want to learn how to do more technical riding, still lots of things i haven't tried and lots to learn.

I bought a snowpulse highmark 22 avalanche pack and hoping to take my level 1 avalanche course as soon as i get out there (December 12/13 in Golden). Want to keep it as safe as possible.

If you have a spare spot in your group, or are looking for someone to ride with, please let me know.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey.... good for you!!! Mountain riding is the best... and with your snocross history you won't have any problems learning some serious technical riding! oh.... and welcome to the site! lol... :d

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Welcome to S&M. You provided a real good introduction. If you want something different and just as close to Calgary keep me in mind and I'll give you a tour of the eastern Kootenays....:D

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Include me in on that ride with you
Welcome to S&M. You provided a real good introduction. If you want something different and just as close to Calgary keep me in mind and I'll give you a tour of the eastern Kootenays....:D

Top Bottom