SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
August 9, 2022 by Adam Malik

B.C. ups EV rebates​

EV-Electric-money-cash-Depositphotos_288986154_L-1024x819.jpg

Image credit: Depositphotos.com
British Columbia residents will be able to get a bit of a bigger rebate when they go to buy a new electric vehicle.

A statement from the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation reported that the maximum provincial rebate for battery-electric, fuel-cell electric and long-range plug-in hybrid electric vehicles will move from $3,000 to $4,000.

The maximum rebate for lower-range plug-in hybrid electric vehicles will go up to $2,000 from $1,500.

Eligibility for rebates will be based on income levels. An individual making up to $80,000, or a household with an income up to $125,000 will be eligible for the maximum rebate. The higher a personal or household income is, the lower the rebate will be. Those with a personal income above $100,000 or households with incomes above $165,000 will not be eligible for a rebate.

About 90 per cent of B.C. residents would be eligible for an EV rebate. When combined with the federal rebate, residents could save as much as $9,000.

The price cap to determine eligibility for vehicle rebates in B.C. stays at a max of $55,000 for compact and full-sized cars. The announcement noted that a second category will be added to support those requiring larger EVs, such as minivans, sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks, all of which are expected to be available soon. The ministry said the cap for those vehicles has been set at a maximum retail price of $70,000.

Recently, leaders of various automaker associations spoke on the issue of provinces not offering enough incentives to entice consumers to buy zero-emission vehicles. B.C. and Quebec are the only provinces that offer rebates.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting a little tired of the government giving tax dollars to a select few. As a retiree, I can't afford a new car, electric or not. Perhaps if I wasn't paying so much in taxes it would be different.
it's on in sock boy's master plan to get most canadian's broke.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheaper and more convenient to buy a ICE vehicle.
I got a chuckle while on holidays, I parked beside a EV charging station and got to talking to the owner, he was there for over a hour, didn’t get a full charge and only got 400km worth of charge. It was at a FLO charge station and it cost him About 20 bucks I thought he told me, I should of asked the KWH price and how many KW.
Sitting in the car at +32 with the heat pump AC running probably didn’t help the charge time.

I think the suv was a ionic EV????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a clear definition of "zero-emission", you know like how is power generated to charge the battery & stuff like that.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting a little tired of the government giving tax dollars to a select few. As a retiree, I can't afford a new car, electric or not. Perhaps if I wasn't paying so much in taxes it would be different.
Don't think of it as the government taking tax dollars. It's just paying you back with your own money.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Don't think of it as the government taking tax dollars. It's just paying you back with your own money.
I don’t believe in the hype of EV’s and am not getting rid of my ICE vehicles. So I’m not getting any of my tax contributions back and the process pisses me off that that is what my tax dollars are being used for.
There are way more important things for my tax dollars to be spent on that subsiding relatively well of people buying EV’s.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe in the hype of EV’s and am not getting rid of my ICE vehicles. So I’m not getting any of my tax contributions back and the process pisses me off that that is what my tax dollars are being used for.
There are way more important things for my tax dollars to be spent on that subsiding relatively well of people buying EV’s.
Well EV are not a religion to believe in or not believe in. Math and physics state that they are much more efficient.

Reactions: RGM

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well EV are not a religion to believe in or not believe in. Math and physics state that they are much more efficient.
As long as you only use them to for commuting and getting groceries.
Until you can load one up with 10k lbs on a trailer they are nowhere near as efficient.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait until the luxury tax kicks in this sept. Hopefully these EV’s will stay under 100k.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you only use them to for commuting and getting groceries.
Until you can load one up with 10k lbs on a trailer they are nowhere near as efficient.

Considering the F150 lightening extended range carries the equivalent of 15 liters of gas, I'd say it's not doing that bad.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem with those EV trucks with a trailer, you have to unhook the trailer to charge them.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering the F150 lightening extended range carries the equivalent of 15 liters of gas, I'd say it's not doing that bad.
Of course you could carry along multiple 15 litre cans of gas !!! And just dump it in , whenever , wherever you choose , like at e some remote off the beaten path spot .

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure if you only need to go 100kms.
I like the ev's, they just are not practical yet and are not the solution to pollution. It just moves the pollution to where the majority of population can't see it.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course you could carry along multiple 15 litre cans of gas !!! And just dump it in , whenever , wherever you choose , like at e some remote off the beaten path spot .

There's absolutely a bunch of use cases where this truck doesn't work, yet anyway.

But given the demand for this truck right now, I'd say there is a bunch of people that can/are willing to make it work. Us here in northern Alberta will be some of the last in North America to switch to EVs due to our lack of infrastructure and climate.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny that ev over $100,000 will be luxury taxed 4 to 7 grand and the rebate for buying ev is 4 grand. Hmmmm....

Top Bottom