Axys 800 Reliability

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waranty is nice, My 18 has 3 years left.. Yes 3 years...Was still in crate till last fall....... But honestly, for what they soaked me for 4 year warranty, I can rebuild any engine for less and it will be way more reliable than a "stock" rebuild. I'm done with warranties personally. Pay more up front. Plus, todays deductable. $100 deduct for me, but even last year, was $50 paperwork fee. A hand warmer is $50.75 here. Spend more in fuel to and fro dealer than part worth. Last time I had a had warmer and 3 engine mounts. Cost me $347 for Warranty.................

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waranty is nice, My 18 has 3 years left.. Yes 3 years...Was still in crate till last fall....... But honestly, for what they soaked me for 4 year warranty, I can rebuild any engine for less and it will be way more reliable than a "stock" rebuild. I'm done with warranties personally. Pay more up front. Plus, todays deductable. $100 deduct for me, but even last year, was $50 paperwork fee. A hand warmer is $50.75 here. Spend more in fuel to and fro dealer than part worth. Last time I had a had warmer and 3 engine mounts. Cost me $347 for Warranty.................

Yeah that’s not warranty, that’s prepaid engine replacement lol. They tried to get me to buy the extended on Jess’s new sled, it’s bumper to bumper but not a chance. $1700 for one year up to $2300 for 3 years. Haha no.

On her 16 summit we paid $500 for years 2-3. On my 18 pro I paid $350 for years 2-3 bumper to bumper. Such a drastic difference at times.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a 2017 174 le ? I am looking at one and just wondering what they are like? Thanks.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a 2017 174 le ? I am looking at one and just wondering what they are like? Thanks.

I have one. Never rode it stock though lol. Bought it last year used, installed B-PWR 36” front end, DynoPort exhaust, Powder Freaks head and did some clutching. I love it. Works great. Floats, carves, lays over, play in the trees, climbs great.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine shut itself off three times coming down the trail yesterday, it was at 108-111 the entire time. I tried to pull the code today but nothing showed when I held mode, it’s going to the dealer Tuesday anyway I just wanted to see what was going on before it goes in. It has oil and coolant, those were the first things I checked when it shutdown

currently has 37 miles, not a great start lol

is there a way to pull old codes on these without digital wrench?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine shut itself off three times coming down the trail yesterday, it was at 108-111 the entire time. I tried to pull the code today but nothing showed when I held mode, it’s going to the dealer Tuesday anyway I just wanted to see what was going on before it goes in. It has oil and coolant, those were the first things I checked when it shutdown

108 F?

No you cannot get a code once you shut it off.

https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-us/self-help/article/KA-01464/

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

That seems too cool, especially for on the trail. Even in deep powder they run 125F-ish

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yeah my 18 was the same. Stopped running the snow flap just to get it warm! Lol

But the 18+ sleds run really cool.

Hmmm.... Maybe that's why my 18 doesn't have a snow flap, maybe I've not paid much attention, I know the 2012 RMK runs 125-130 under normal conditions....

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The newer (2018+) with the updated T stay run cooler. My ‘17 stock ran at 124°F now with the updated T stat and Powder freaks head it runs at 108 on average.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bunch of guys in one of my crews had that sled. It always worked really well for them. Very good sled.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That seems too cool, especially for on the trail. Even in deep powder they run 125F-ish

that’s what I was thinking as well, it’s like the sled didn’t want to get hot lol. There was def coolant circulating though I could feel it on the tunnel.

What’s the ideal operating temp for these things?

I forgot to add when I was loading up it died when I put it in reverse . Sled was at 110, I restarted and let it get to 120 and then it went into reverse. From what I recall when the pros did this it meant top end

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
that’s what I was thinking as well, it’s like the sled didn’t want to get hot lol. There was def coolant circulating though I could feel it on the tunnel.

I forgot to add when I was loading up it died when I put it in reverse . Sled was at 110, I restarted and let it get to 120 and then it went into reverse. From what I recall when the pros did this it meant top end

Temp sensor screwing up maybe? My 16 runs 125-129 steady and I have had it as high as 170+ on a ****ty iced up trail and have never had it shut off or give me any issues

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Temp sensor screwing up maybe? My 16 runs 125-129 steady and I have had it as high as 170+ on a ****ty iced up trail and have never had it shut off or give me any issues

possibly, I just hope the dealer can get it in and back to me by the weekend

edit; I’ll report back on the findings

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Your in break in mode and overfueling or oil fouling?

Did you or dealer add oil to tank too?

Try new plugs and ride that fawker hard and report back.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would just look at simple things like the plugs. Maybe if oil was added to the first tank there was too much. Really none is required.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 2 18’s and both of them had tps problems that did weird things like that on top of running way too rich. Took me a year and 2 dealers to figure it out. Yes should run around 100 degF.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 2 18’s and both of them had tps problems that did weird things like that on top of running way too rich. Took me a year and 2 dealers to figure it out. Yes should run around 100 degF.

I went to pick it up yesterday and got two different answers

1) (from the ownerof the dealer)the codes were too much brake and throttle and it was detonating, sometimes the ggb mtn cans cause this he said. He also said it should be okay after break in

2) I called the tech today that worked on it, he said the only code was brake/throttle and the can should not cause the sled to detonate or fall on its face

The sales guy and owner said they don’t add oil to these sleds as the sleds do that themselves in break in mode.

I plan to take her for a ride Saturday and recreate the problem, then take it back and leave it there until whatever electrical issue has been sorted.

Top Bottom