Axys 800 Reliability

old700

Reaction score
Maybe your oiling system is starving the mag side? Did your dealer look for the cause or just the effect?

The first time it went down they said there was an injector Issue on that side. Second time I told them to check oil pump and oilers. Was told everything was good. I never saw the pistons on either case. When it blows up again I’ll just put a fan cooled something in and my kids will have a bada$$ sled to ride around home. Lol

old700

Reaction score
I wish my Dragon made it that many miles before blowing up, haha

Lol, I guess the Axys isn’t that bad, I told my dealer on the 5th motor rebuild on my 09 that I would be coming in and picking up a cheque instead of the sled. They made that happen. Some of those rebuilds only lasted 300km. I saw that sled on kijiji numerous times after and every time in the ad it said new motor. Last saw in Saskatoon area iirc.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my khaos for a small rip around a friends ranch last night, is it normal for the high beam to turn off when the sled is idling? It would come right back on with any throttle.

Also, it is always 3 pulls to start cold, today is about 0 and it was still three pulls. Once it’s warm it starts right away....sled now has 18 miles. I bought it with 11

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my khaos for a small rip around a friends ranch last night, is it normal for the high beam to turn off when the sled is idling? It would come right back on with any throttle.

Also, it is always 3 pulls to start cold, today is about 0 and it was still three pulls. Once it’s warm it starts right away....sled now has 18 miles. I bought it with 11
power save mode at idle. hand and thumb warmers shut off also.
takes a pull or 2 to charge the capacitor to power the ecu. then good for the day.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Would you trust a used 2017-18 AXIS with 2500ish KM's on them?

Sorry for the stupid questions, just looking at a few different options.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Thanks. Would you trust a used 2017-18 AXIS with 2500ish KM's on them?

Sorry for the stupid questions, just looking at a few different options.

My 18 has 4400 km and still has 13 months warranty so I'm hoping if it's going to blow up it does so before next Christmas... At 4400km it runs well and I have no immediate concerns

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah warranty is nice for peice of mind. Rolling the dice with used.

I was looking at used Turbo Axy's too, but that might be pushing my luck.

There is some deals out there though.

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yeah warranty is nice for peice of mind. Rolling the dice with used.

I was looking at used Turbo Axy's too, but that might be pushing my luck.

There is some deals out there though.

I've seen a few used 18's with warranty left, but I know the 16 your talking about ( I guess not your in Ont. there is one here in alberta for $5900 with 6400km) and your not gonna find another axys for that price.... We wanted an axys for the wife but ended up getting a low mile 2015 RMK instead

Last edited:

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few used 18's with warranty left, but I know the 16 your talking about ( I guess not your in Ont. there is one here in alberta for $5900 with 6400km) and your not gonna find another axys for that price.... We wanted an axys for the wife but ended up getting a low mile 2015 RMK instead

No the one Im looking at is in Alberta, but 6700km's might be the same one though. Think Im going to pass on it though, for a bit more can get into a newer sled that hopefully wont need a rebuild right away.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No the one Im looking at is in Alberta, but 6700km's might be the same one though. Think Im going to pass on it though, for a bit more can get into a newer sled that hopefully wont need a rebuild right away.

Exactly why I bought mine new, it’s now my belief that even a well maintained sled can blow up right away. In that same breath though new sleds are ticking time bombs in a sense as well lol

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

800 or 850?

Starting will likely get better. Mine is generally always 2 pulls when cold, occasionally 3.

High beam shutting off at an idle on the older 800 axys is normal. They upgraded the charging system on the 850s and everything works at an idle, not sure if they did the 800s at the same time

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sold my 18 Axys with 2500k and warr until Dec 2021 for $6700 in July. Had I waited maybe for a $1000 more but doubt it.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
800 or 850?

Starting will likely get better. Mine is generally always 2 pulls when cold, occasionally 3.

High beam shutting off at an idle on the older 800 axys. They upgraded the charging system on the 850s and everything works at an idle, not sure if they did the 800s at the same time

it’s a 20 800

Top Bottom