Avy in Fernie??

theslam19_98

Reaction score
found this on another fourm

does anybody know these guys ????

Police haven't officially released their names, but those missing or dead have been identified as Warren Rothel, Thomas Talarico, Kane Rusnak, Danny Bjarnason, Leonard Stier and his son Michael Stier, Kurt Kabel and Blaine Wilson.

SparkyX670

Reaction score
This is a MAJOR blow to those of us that LOVE the BIG HILLS.
What these Families must be going threw is unimaginable.
Lots of talk of beacons and other pieces of technology.
Remember if you need to use you beacons, probes, shovel, Air bags, SPOT you have made a SERIOUS mistake.
Education IS the only answer. Don't under estimate the importance of our brains.

You're Absolutely Right.We can't rely on technology to save us.We need to sled safe, and make good decisions.The big problem is... conditions are never the same twice.That and we all sometimes end up in bad spots unintentionaly.Education,planning and experience are Very Important.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to give my deepest, most sincere condolences to the friends & family members! My family's thought and prayers are with you all !!!!!

GRD

Reaction score
Condolences from my family to the friends, relatives and immediate families of those involved.

Wanderlust

Reaction score
Heartfelt condolences from our family to everyone in Sparwood. The sudden and unexpected loss of loved ones is the hardest loss of all. Good job to all the search and rescue personnel involved.

Bugz

Reaction score
To any of the friends or family of those affected by this tragety, our hearts go out to you.

Jamie and Sammie

SparkyX670

Reaction score
Here is a link to an article on Global TV Calgary about 2 trusts set up to help the Families involved.

Any Donations at all will Help.....

TrishaC

Reaction score
My sister and I would like to extend our deepest sympathy to everyone in Sparwood. We both cried watching the news tonight. I can't even imagine such a loss.:(

Rhoc

Reaction score
This is a MAJOR blow to those of us that LOVE the BIG HILLS.
What these Families must be going threw is unimaginable.
Lots of talk of beacons and other pieces of technology.
Remember if you need to use you beacons, probes, shovel, Air bags, SPOT you have made a SERIOUS mistake.
Education IS the only answer. Don't under estimate the importance of our brains.

Please let us not forget these were people who have probably made this hill lots of time before. Everyone one needs to remember that no matter how many time we have done a trip before we need to look into conditions EVER TIME we go out. What was once a good trip could be tragedy the next.

Everyone PLEASE give whatever you can to the trust funds set up, if we all can donate one tank of fuel it will mean so much. Love to all

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the link:

Here are the details from the link! Thanks Rubicon!

One of the trust funds has been set up at the Royal Bank of Canada, which is at Transit No. 5080, Branch No. 003, Account No. 5077425.
Another account has been opened at the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), which is at Transit No. 03070, Branch No. 010, Account No. 7573138.

Both accounts are named, In Trust to the Sparwood Avalanche Victims.

cderworiz@theherald.canwest.com

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We have set a Paypal link on here and we will get a cheque to the families involved. It has been going very well, we have now raised $ 2670 in less than 24 hours.

I watched the CBC interview, that was a big decision foe that young man to make to leave.

Top Bottom