Autotrader Names 10 Best Electric Cars for 2021

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know the difference between a MW and a MWh?
Yes, i can type an h after if it makes you feel better, we 60-80mwh, honeywell 10,000 hp electric motors x 7 use lots of juice, plus the entire plant on top of that, so to answer your attempt at a trick question i guess we use up to 1920MW a day depending on grade run and production numbers.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, i can type an h after if it makes you feel better, we 60-80mwh, honeywell 10,000 hp electric motors x 7 use lots of juice, plus the entire plant on top of that, so to answer your attempt at a trick question i guess we use up to 1920MW a day depending on grade run and production numbers.

It's not a trick question. The chart I posted with the 1 month production of that wind farm is 97 GWh. If your plant is using 2000 MWh/day that's 2 GWh. 2.5GWh (add 25% to cover the extras) x 30 days = 70 GWh.
So what I'm saying is that the "little wind farm by my dude ranch that does **** **** all" makes enough energy to displace the monthly consumption of your plant.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the largest wind farm in the province makes enough energy to displace one pulp mill.

Good to know.
HaHa I don't think its the largest wind farm in the province or even close. Maybe the one farther west by Cowley?

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa I don't think its the largest wind farm in the province or even close. Maybe the one farther west by Cowley?

Could be right, I dont really know. But if you go look at Tmo's
Chart it's the largest one in terms of output on the list.

Might be some that arent on the list though?

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be right, I dont really know. But if you go look at Tmo's
Chart it's the largest one in terms of output on the list.

Might be some that arent on the list though?

The one at cowley ridge isnt even close according to Tmo's
Chart looks like it produces 0 most of the time lol

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back to cars for a min. Not mentioned, Lucid, 800km full charge, 200km 20 min quick charge ? Something like that, been awhile.
Nice car I've never owned a car but free charges and this car... could make road trips a lot cooler. stock: CCIV check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwzOlPBheO0

Charging stations could be a real boom for a lot of trades and a long term boon for society.

Safe nuclear power is here, not that new. 100% safe, 0 carbon output after construction until decommission,100 yr's.

It's inevitable, get on it Alberta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5OJRxZoMI8

I'm sure dc power whatever the name will be will power everything, houses everything. Power grids could distribute power at their convenience. we'll get smart about it.

Electric motors and ion batteries are pretty cool, if I was young I would be on it.

Take climate change out of it, it's still a great idea. That much cheap power could desalinate ocean water for irrigation etc. A game changer for much of the world and a benni for all.

A generation of construction and clean cheap energy for generations to come.

We are currently on a dead end road and we know it, when do you want to turn around ?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the largest wind farm in the province makes enough energy to displace one pulp mill.

Good to know.

The pulp mill is using about 1% of the energy in the province so that is a substantial amount.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 9.23.12 AM.png

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm slowly starting to get my mind a bit more open to the EV stuff. It certainly has it's place in the market in my mind. I work in the underground mining industry where noise and emissions are constant challenges. We are starting to play with some 8yd underground loaders. Power to no end compared to a diesel. Can run for a few hours solely on battery. Guys can drop a battery pack and pick a new one up in a few mins. Pretty quick. No emissions underground which reduces ventilation costs and improvements in air quality. We have about 20k hours on EV haul trucks and the life cycle maintenance costs aren't as bad as you would think. Trucks have been good to us and maintence, while different, is about the same as a diesel unit. Tire wear is worse with a EV because of the torque. Interesting times!!

Top Bottom