Auto image resizing / scaling

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the possibility of implementing automatic image resizing or downscaling when uploaded images are too big? New phones and cameras are taking massive pictures these days, and it seems like most of what I try to upload here, I have to run through an image resizing tool first because the resolution is too big for the forum.

Screenshot_20220203-111855_Chrome.jpg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What's the possibility of implementing automatic image resizing or downscaling when uploaded images are too big? New phones and cameras are taking massive pictures these days, and it seems like most of what I try to upload here, I have to run through an image resizing tool first because the resolution is too big for the forum.

View attachment 251718
I actually haven't had this issue since we went to the new site.

What phone are you using? Android? or Apple?
What is the file extension you are trying to upload?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got an Android. It takes some massive pics (108MP). However even edited pics from our photographer have been too big @ 45MP. Once I scale down, they tend to work @ about 10MP or so. I haven't really played around too much to figure out what the hard limit is, and whether it's a single dimensional limit or just overall size. It doesn't seem to be a file size limit I'm hitting though. Always .jpg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s strange maybe we should ask Claudio. Pics been just awesome to load on new software
They have been much better for sure! I actually got rid of Tapatalk entirely it works so well (and tapatalk has gotten so bad).

Top Bottom