Asian chainsaws

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just watching a random YouTube video with a 460 clone chain saw and the thing runs surprisingly well. 1/3 of the price of the actual stihl.

Found a couple other Chinese sawd on Amazon that are husky clones or stihl clones for $200-$300 with fairly decent reviews.

Anyone use one or buy or or will admit that they bought one? Haha.

Something like this
PROYAMA 62CC 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chainsaw, 22 Inch 18 Inch Handheld Cordless Petrol Chain Saw for Tree Wood Cutting 2 Year Warranty https://a.co/d/ab18v32

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha going through the same dilemma over past while, what do you need it for? How much will you use? Whats your budget?

pizalm

Reaction score
I bought a used husqy 365 knock off. It was cheap, runs decent. I have Lewis winch mounted on it so when it runs it’s wide open for quite a while. No complaints and oem parts bolt on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha going through the same dilemma over past while, what do you need it for? How much will you use? Whats your budget?
I have a Ms170 now so it's a decent little rzr/trail saw. I just want something bigger to clean up some 16+ inch stuff on our property. I dont need one as I don't have a stove for heating or anything yet but for a couple hundred bucks for 2x the cc...if they work, I'd have no problem for the half a dozen days I'd use it

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They already own all our natural resources and most.of our convenience stores/gas stations. All our clothes, electronics, manufacturing blah blah blah. They could shut us down in an instant.

That being said, none of the "brand name" saws are American or Canadian so...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya might as well send them your cash too. lol

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And this is why the Chinese will rule the world. Lol
No dispute here, I don't like it either but just spent $250 to get my 026 going today, will be another $200 to get my 461 singing again it makes you wonder. I have a basket case 372 xpg that I took in, he said minimum 800, new is 1600. Agh when does it end.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No dispute here, I don't like it either but just spent $250 to get my 026 going today, will be another $200 to get my 461 singing again it makes you wonder. I have a basket case 372 xpg that I took in, he said minimum 800, new is 1600. Agh when does it end.

Having parts in your stove or computer ext that are manufactured in China is one thing, but these complete rip offs of other company's products is taking it to a new low. IMO

Id sooner go buy a Poulan if I want a cheap POS. Do what you got to do though.

Cheers

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Labor is the killer at $120/hr as soon as there is a issue its all over. You can find cheaper I get that but you get what you pay for. Parts are cheap in comparison so far.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does resale value matter?

The Chinese saws have a resale value of pretty much 0.

My Husqvarna 550XP MKII is worth something used, even to a logger. Yeah I paid $750 for it, but I pull the cord and it cuts wood, and with the auto tune carb there's no dicking around setting the carb.

And I'd rather support a Swedish factory worker than a Chinese one.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Labor is the killer at $120/hr as soon as there is a issue its all over. You can find cheaper I get that but you get what you pay for. Parts are cheap in comparison so far.

Who is working on your chainsaw for 120$ an hour? Lol There is nothing to them, get some tools do it your self.

Its not like wrenching on the new Benz lol

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And if a guy uses it lots how long will the Chinese saws actually last?

Dad bought a new Husqvarna 455 Rancher for $500 15 years ago, he's cut 4 cords a year with it since. Doubt a Holzforma will last half that long.

I get for sporatic use a cheap saw makes sense, but the economics don't work out on them if they don't last if it's required to do any appreciable amount of work.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could just pick this up and call it good, cut a house in half with it i bet lol!!

26d8ba062dd04bd59e33215ade64c0a7.jpg

STIHL MS 881 Chain Saw​

Manufacturer: Stihl
Product Code: 88124

• $2,419.99 cdn,

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They already own all our natural resources and most.of our convenience stores/gas stations. All our clothes, electronics, manufacturing blah blah blah. They could shut us down in an instant.

That being said, none of the "brand name" saws are American or Canadian so...
Sthil does have a factory in Virginia Beach along with China and of course Germany

Top Bottom