Artic Cat injection oil

revdog

Reaction score
Did the APV synthetic oil [blue] get updated to the AC C-TEC2 [green]?
What oils have riders be using?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ctec oil is for the newer motors with the electronic oil pump, 2014 and newer 600’s and 2018 and newer 800’s. The APV oil blue oil is for the older motors, but it’s best suited for dust control as it’s a terrible quality oil.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure most guys are running the CTEC in the Suzuki 800s now too.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick a good synthetic oil and go with it. Buy it from a place you can get it whenever you need it. Oil these days is good and won’t hurt your sled. The only way I’d run the arctic cat oil is if you are still on warranty.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick a good synthetic oil and go with it. Buy it from a place you can get it whenever you need it. Oil these days is good and won’t hurt your sled. The only way I’d run the arctic cat oil is if you are still on warranty.

Have to watch some oils with the electronic oil pump, the pumps are calibrated to a specific flow rate which is calibrated to correlate with the consistency of the oil. Some oils when very cold thicken up to much and won’t flow right until the whole engine bay warms up enough to thin it up. This could cause an issue very easily. If you never ride when it’s cold then it’s probably not an issue but if you ride regularly in -20 or colder type weather it can cause your pump to under flow for a short amount of time. Just a thought. However most good quality synthetic oils should not be an issue.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to watch some oils with the electronic oil pump, the pumps are calibrated to a specific flow rate which is calibrated to correlate with the consistency of the oil. Some oils when very cold thicken up to much and won’t flow right until the whole engine bay warms up enough to thin it up. This could cause an issue very easily. If you never ride when it’s cold then it’s probably not an issue but if you ride regularly in -20 or colder type weather it can cause your pump to under flow for a short amount of time. Just a thought. However most good quality synthetic oils should not be an issue.

Yah that’s true. But I’d tend to think most quality oil it shouldn’t be an issue.

Top Bottom