Are you guys ready for the next skidoo game changer?

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to know damn well doo is leaving hp on the table.

Either until after the pencil pushers in the warranty Dept are satisfied, or if cat or poo decide to step up, you can bet it'll suddenly have 180 HP.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s the beauty of turbo! Crank the boost and feed it octane. I heard the 850 bottom end is built to handle some good power. Wondering what they can do with the current pistons and what the compression is set at. Can only crank it up so much before race fuel will be necessary.

hardcorex

Reaction score
I am betting that some of the aftermarket turbo companies will be purchasing some to have a better view of this new factory technology. Never mind that you can purchase a left over 2018 800 for $11 G out the door. Install an aftermarket turbo for $5 -$6G run 7 lbs boost on pump gas = $16 to $17 G and have more 165 hp.
Sure can but it will be an 18 with no warranty and you would be lucky if it was worth 11-12 after first ride!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean a summit sport? RMK?
CAT?

I am betting that some of the aftermarket turbo companies will be purchasing some to have a better view of this new factory technology. Never mind that you can purchase a left over 2018 800 for $11 G out the door. Install an aftermarket turbo for $5 -$6G run 7 lbs boost on pump gas = $16 to $17 G and have more 165 hp.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love all the “crank up the boost” posts on here and Facebook. Like you couldn’t handle the original 165hp bud this should hold you off for a few years

Attachments

• E7B8927A-6BBC-46B1-B7A9-DD6F912E9F06.jpg
    E7B8927A-6BBC-46B1-B7A9-DD6F912E9F06.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 383

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s the beauty of turbo! Crank the boost and feed it octane. I heard the 850 bottom end is built to handle some good power. Wondering what they can do with the current pistons and what the compression is set at. Can only crank it up so much before race fuel will be necessary.

I would think at some point the turbo runs out of capacity and becomes inefficient. That’s likely the reason for the decline after 8000ft. It would be a balance between low end response, boost transition and peak horsepower. Can’t have all three.

The electronic waste gate will be difficult to reprogram without going into the ecu making the warranty void.

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed - the manufacturers have to stay current and improve and advance the models available, competition and improved models are good for everyone. except those who snowchecked and then see a newer model brought out ! but always something better. I say let them work out the bugs and see what happens. I also agree there is more untapped hp, they would nt likely leave it so there is no chance to have a 185 hp /200 hp factory turbo available in the next couple seasons... anxious to see it out on the snow and get some actual rider feedback. .. change is good...

T

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I`d like to see a 1000cc etec turbo, might be a lil`heavier but no replacement for displacement, could probably do close to 200hp safely.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the turbo unable to make air above 8000', the ability to "turn it up" likely isn't an option without a larger turbo. The turbos rpm is maxed at 8000' unable to spin any faster, and at max RPM turbos are very inefficient and create a lot of heat. I suspect BRP did this to make it almost impossible to make it easy to hop up without major changes. Easy to void any warranty if components are changed.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the turbo unable to make air above 8000', the ability to "turn it up" likely isn't an option without a larger turbo. The turbos rpm is maxed at 8000' unable to spin any faster, and at max RPM turbos are very inefficient and create a lot of heat. I suspect BRP did this to make it almost impossible to make it easy to hop up without major changes. Easy to void any warranty if components are changed.

but could have way more at lower altitude easily

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but could have way more at lower altitude easily

For sure, not much left at 6000', maybe 2 psi I am guessing.

Any info yet on the turbo, size, compressor map, manufacturer?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone will make a different center section for the turbo.

Inline resister to fool the pressure transducer, pump up the jam.

Top Bottom