Are the claims about the reduced trail handling of the xm true?

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read on a few posts that the xm chassis is less forgiving on the trail but far better in the deep snow. The brp media claims improvements on both fronts. Any thoughts. If its truely worse on trail is this a result of the t-motion? If so wont the t-motion equipped XP units also be degraded?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
truthfully 80% + of the people riding will never feel the difference.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say its the best handling sled I have ever rode on the trail but its the best handling sled I have ever rode in the powder.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XM's rip on the trail too. I past all kinds of other junk no problem on the way down off the mountain last year.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they handle just fine on the trail. Definitely leave the stabilizer bar on and it's all good. Took one off last year and then it's a real turd on the trail. And to be honest you can leave it in while riding in the alpine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Maxwell, leave the sway bar hooked up.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found I liked it better without the swaybar in the hardpack and tracked out snow but in the deep it wasn't noticeable in or out. On the trail with it out it definitely was nowhere near as good as with it in. I recommend a quick disconnect. With the bar in on the trail it rode and handled as well as my '04 did.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
despite what these obviously seasoned riders have experienced in regards to trail prowess comparing an XP to an XM, mine was not the same. the XM (I rode) will lift the inside ski at high speed and try to highside you despite any body english you can throw at it. S-36 and T-Motion are definitely not an advantage on the trail. still fast, but not as comfortable at warp chicken like the older and wider XP without the S-36 front end. your mileage may vary

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Handles the bumps amazing but on the tight corners it does want to lift a ski. But then again I was riding someone else's xm so I didn't get to play around with the shocks. A simple setting of them could of fixed that.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
In a straight line I can do 115km on my xm and it feels better than an xp at 100km...t-motion does not affect the trail handling of the sled...the softer front end does in the corners but a mountain sled is not designed with railing corners on the trail a xrs is...I would also agree that every xp and previous rev and zx sled I have taken my sway bar out, however I don't like the sway bar disconnected at all...I leave it in all the time, I am lucky though and ride pow all the time...my 2 cents

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail riding is fine. Unless you are coming off an mxz. Tighten up the front springs and dont expect to keep up with trail sleds in the twisties.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed Curtis.

I never complained about my ZX or my M8.. Was just killing time to the powder.

Hope to get some seat time on an XM this winter.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read on a few posts that the xm chassis is less forgiving on the trail but far better in the deep snow. The brp media claims improvements on both fronts. Any thoughts. If its truely worse on trail is this a result of the t-motion? If so wont the t-motion equipped XP units also be degraded?
The t motion is built for the snow very darty on a hard pack not enjoyable by far.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Go up the trail nice and steady, enjoy the scenery, enjoy the nice groomed trail, and keep thinking "this is the best sport in the world!"..............then let'er rip when you get to the steep and deep!

I would think that the longer the track the worse the experience on the trail (other than handling the moguls)...........but that is just my opinion...:d

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Is a trail that annoying part of the mountain you try and get over with as soon as possible?

Top Bottom