Are more sledders becoming idiots or are more idiots becoming sledders?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Rode Ministik today. Staged at parking lot 2. Got there around 1pm. Great riding, love that place. But I've never seen it like this.

Pulled into the parking lot (1ton crew cab long box/28ft enclosed). no places to park. and not too many units parked in any such way to utilize the limited parking spaces. I was able to somewhat tuck in behind two units along the north fence. Thought I did pretty good. Didn't hit any of the ramps that were left out. and let room so others could still get by me.

Then once off loaded waiting for one more guy to show up, the owner of the trailer i was directly behind comes back to load. I said to him pretty tight parking in here today, to which he snaps back at me that I need to learn how to park. WTH. I asked him where exactly he figures I should have parked, he told me to get a smaller unit.

He was lucky I'm a nice guy. The place is full num nuts. Grab a brian, move your truck ahead 10ft then load. But NOOOO he attempts to load as is. didn't make his ramp, backs up, just about puts his sleds back bumper into my trucks front. And He is ticked that I parked so close. Like I said he could of pulled his truck ahead then loaded.

Anyways I grabbed his front ski to help pull him up and his 3rd attempt to load. Anyways I gave him a hand. But I could have been a dick too.

I did notice others coming back around this time, all not happy with how the parking was, as others blocked them.

Now that my Rant is done...

.. My question,
How hard is it to park tight with other trucks your riding with, put in your ramps and to park in a way others can get by you?

Are sledders becoming idiots? or are too many idiots becoming sledders?

Everyone goes out for a good time, Share and utilize the limit space we have Please!

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

:beer: - RXN

Dakine879

Reaction score
Sorry i don't have an opinion on how to park in a sled parking lot cause i've never done it...but i just wanted to say Good Job taking the higher ground... This is a hobby and not life and death..

If you'd ever like to to come sledding around my place (north of Thorsby and south of N Sask river) just let me know... lots of parking at my place and no jerks to ruin your day!

Lots of snow and bombing around creeks is lots of fun.

Thanks

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry i don't have an opinion on how to park in a sled parking lot cause i've never done it...but i just wanted to say Good Job taking the higher ground... This is a hobby and not life and death..

If you'd ever like to to come sledding around my place (north of Thorsby and south of N Sask river) just let me know... lots of parking at my place and no jerks to ruin your day!

Lots of snow and bombing around creeks is lots of fun.

Thanks

Thanks. Maybe time to find new places, with less congestion :)

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't fix stupid, just have to help them once in a while. kudos to you though because I wouldn't have helped him if he snapped at me. But that's probably why I have no friends. lol

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rode Ministik today. Staged at parking lot 2. Got there around 1pm. Great riding, love that place. But I've never seen it like this.

Pulled into the parking lot (1ton crew cab long box/28ft enclosed). no places to park. and not too many units parked in any such way to utilize the limited parking spaces. I was able to somewhat tuck in behind two units along the north fence. Thought I did pretty good. Didn't hit any of the ramps that were left out. and let room so others could still get by me.

Then once off loaded waiting for one more guy to show up, the owner of the trailer i was directly behind comes back to load. I said to him pretty tight parking in here today, to which he snaps back at me that I need to learn how to park. WTH. I asked him where exactly he figures I should have parked, he told me to get a smaller unit.

He was lucky I'm a nice guy. The place is full num nuts. Grab a brian, move your truck ahead 10ft then load. But NOOOO he attempts to load as is. didn't make his ramp, backs up, just about puts his sleds back bumper into my trucks front. And He is ticked that I parked so close. Like I said he could of pulled his truck ahead then loaded.

Anyways I grabbed his front ski to help pull him up and his 3rd attempt to load. Anyways I gave him a hand. But I could have been a dick too.

I did notice others coming back around this time, all not happy with how the parking was, as others blocked them.

.. My question,
How hard is it to park tight with other trucks your riding with, put in your ramps and to park in a way others can get by you?

Everyone goes out for a good time, Share and utilize the limit space we have Please!

It's clear that everyone with a big truck and enclosed trailer thinks they need a 20' wide X 80' long personal space. The parking lots at these hills are not big enough to accommodate that.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's clear that everyone with a big truck and enclosed trailer thinks they need a 20' wide X 80' long personal space. The parking lots at these hills are not big enough to accommodate that.

I agree, these big units can tuck into some tight spots, may have to swallow your pride and have a buddy guide you, but its do able.
It wasn't just the big units today, they seemed to pack in close, it seemed the SUV's with a single sled trailer, and the smaller 1/2tons just willy nilly anywheres.

I should have taken some photo's and posted it. Walmart people park better.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

.. My question,

Idiots are becoming sledders. Have u not noticed all the retards with monster energy stickers on all there stuff?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. And mohawks on their helmets, teddy bears strapped to their risers, ridiculous wraps and powder coating (without any attempt to ride the damn things), etc. But I think for the most part sledders are still a pretty good group.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. And mohawks on their helmets, teddy bears strapped to their risers, ridiculous wraps and powder coating (without any attempt to ride the damn things), etc. But I think for the most part sledders are still a pretty good group.

For the most part. Most are good and help out. But today, made me wonder.
You pass a group on the trail, wave they wave back. And for we know that was the @$$ hole who did the stupid park job.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran into the same situation at Boulder a month ago. Road in was icy going up and my truck was slipping already so the first open area to park I pulled in. I had two sleds on my deck, and pulling a friends smaller 2 place enclosed. In order to offload the sleds on the deck I had to jackknife the trailer. Keep in mind theres still some room left in this area, not a lot but some, enough to park another rig or two. Then some guy in a 1 ton dually with a big enclosed pulls up and proceeds to get snappy with me about my park job. I told him I was going to straighten the truck out after we were unloaded and to chill out. Did I mention this guy is smoking a huge joint all the while this is happening? He might wanna go back to his dealer and tell him to quit growing chitty dope cuz it sure wasn't mellowing him out. In the end he was able to park his truck and trailer, unload his sleds and still have lots of room to turn around. What a gomer...

So in short, there's jerks everywhere, in every sport but I do think its getting worse year after year. People are quick to jump down other's throats for the smallest things. Rather than stop, THINK, assess the situation (like parking a trailer) and talk to the other guys about a solution that works for everyone.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the one where a single pickup takes up enough room to park 3 trucks and trailers.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May I chime in with an opinion. From what I have seen and I certainly do not paint everyone with the same brush. Problem is money and financing stuff, not to mention stupid but that has been addressed. Guys who normally wouldn't have the ability to own top of the line gear and earn respect working their way up to luxury are jumping that hurdle. Either they have a killer job, or don't care about living in a boat load of debt and poof instand d bag. Everyone wants to ride like some of the greats in those AWESOME videos out there (I wish). Difference is modesty or being humble. I get a serving of humble pie usually everytime I ride trust me. Anyway back to point, you take all these factors and add "the boys" and insecurity with ones own limits and you end up with people who don't give a tinkers damn about others because they are trying so hard to be someone they are not and want to hide it from the world. Or my other opinion is they were not raised right and their parents should be slapped.

In the span of 20 its frightning the level of arogance and bligerance out there these days. Young people trying to be the next poster child for monster, middle age people trying to keep up with the Jones and older people tired of putting up with the BS equals zero consideration left in the world. Everyone wants to blame someone or something else for there problems and have a good life given to them. I worked for mine (and believe me it is pretty damn good) and I am guilty of the above attitude at times but only after I have seen it towards me first. Only advice I keep telling myself is:

Respect is earned
Don't be that guy
Only thing that will fix stupid is Mother Nature and she will have her day.
It only takes one to ruin it for others, if you can, stop that one person.
Beer is best served icy cold soaking in a hot tub after a good days ride!!
Advil is my friend.

They are out there my friends, only thing we can do keep calm and chive on. (sarcasim)

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May I chime in with an opinion. From what I have seen and I certainly do not paint everyone with the same brush. Problem is money and financing stuff, not to mention stupid but that has been addressed. Guys who normally wouldn't have the ability to own top of the line gear and earn respect working their way up to luxury are jumping that hurdle. Either they have a killer job, or don't care about living in a boat load of debt and poof instand d bag. Everyone wants to ride like some of the greats in those AWESOME videos out there (I wish). Difference is modesty or being humble. I get a serving of humble pie usually everytime I ride trust me. Anyway back to point, you take all these factors and add "the boys" and insecurity with ones own limits and you end up with people who don't give a tinkers damn about others because they are trying so hard to be someone they are not and want to hide it from the world. Or my other opinion is they were not raised right and their parents should be slapped.

In the span of 20 its frightning the level of arogance and bligerance out there these days. Young people trying to be the next poster child for monster, middle age people trying to keep up with the Jones and older people tired of putting up with the BS equals zero consideration left in the world. Everyone wants to blame someone or something else for there problems and have a good life given to them. I worked for mine (and believe me it is pretty damn good) and I am guilty of the above attitude at times but only after I have seen it towards me first. Only advice I keep telling myself is:

Respect is earned
Don't be that guy
Only thing that will fix stupid is Mother Nature and she will have her day.
It only takes one to ruin it for others, if you can, stop that one person.
Beer is best served icy cold soaking in a hot tub after a good days ride!!
Advil is my friend.

They are out there my friends, only thing we can do keep calm and chive on.
You had me until the last line....

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a few people fall into the “sled trip rage syndrome”. Its where people get all worked up into a frenzy trying to get their highly anticipated sled trip started. Whether its from the grueling drive thru the mountains, dealing with road clowns, or waiting for your group to get their sh*t together. I think some people are exhausted and nerves are fried by the time they finally get the sled unloaded. I have a hard time understanding how you can be stressed when you are standing in the white wonderland but we see it all the time.
May 10 long deep meditative breaths as you drive up to park would go a long way...

Anyone else getting tired of the "keep calm.." phrase or is that jut me?

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You had me until the last line....

My bad, cheesy I know. It was a bit o sarcasim really. I find sites like the chive at times feed the d bags of the world. It is all about using your head and built in filters, to which some people don't have.

Top Bottom