Anyone here use UPS to ship things out???

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quit it!!!! It would sure be nice if people stopped using them until they do something about their fee's. Had this stuck to my door today. Makes the total shipping cost $176 for something fed ex would have done for $40 and been to my door in two days instead of a week.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at getting a shipping account. I save over 70-80% but telling them they need to do better and by actually telling them to eff off then they came back at 80% discount on some orders but usually around 72%. Fed ex isn't bad but I find they send you the bill for duty after the fact.

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never bring something in from the states except by mail!

Agreed. Use USPS whenever possible.
It may take a little longer, but the lack of grief and fees is worth it .
UPS gouges on duty/brokerage.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at getting a shipping account. I save over 70-80% but telling them they need to do better and by actually telling them to eff off then they came back at 80% discount on some orders but usually around 72%. Fed ex isn't bad but I find they send you the bill for duty after the fact.
UPS sent me a bill last time 3 months later for $70. I wasn't going to pay it so they sent a collection agency after it. At that time I had no choice. I said at that time it would be the last time. I guess I had to get raped once more.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPS sent me a bill last time 3 months later for $70. I wasn't going to pay it so they sent a collection agency after it. At that time I had no choice. I said at that time it would be the last time. I guess I had to get raped once more.

With out a doubt there are better services out there

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
USPS is one of the best ways to get things shipped from the states. UPS/Purolator/FedEx doesn't deliver to P.O. Boxes. USPS ships by Canada Post once it gets to Canada.

I have gotten a few things shipped by UPS, and it always turns out i pay 40% for brokerage, on top of the shipping itself. $600 motor and wiring, cost me $250 in Brokerage... And they dropped the motor and broke the oil pump so add that to my bill, then they blamed the shipper on improper packaging and denied my claim.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They said they were sorry lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they don't deliver anymore...they just do drivebys with stickers tellin you to come pick item up...lve had them show up ..not even knock and just throw a sticker and bugger off more than once...l don't use them anymore

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we use couriers for our business lots ($45,000 worth last year for documents and samples). UPS always tries this stunt. Next time ask them where you gave them permission to clear the goods on your behalf. They are supposed to call you first as many people have their own custom clearance companies. UPS tried this a few times and I asked them for proof of call and ask and eventually bill is cancelled.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can broker it yourself for about $25. You gotta get the unique shipping # from the brown bandit along with all info and take that to CBSA at the airport and fill out the paperwork and pay up and take the clearance to brown bandits warehouse and tell them where to stick their outrageous brokerage fees. Learned an expensive leasson from those thieves a long time ago and haven't used them since

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup never use ups. If a company won't pay the shipping and brokerage, and will only use ups, I don't buy from them.

FedEx is usually a little more expensive but that's because they include the brokerage in their price. At least you know how much your going to get screwed up front with them.

USPS for everything I can as well.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paid the fawking bill today and got my parts. $545 US to almost $1000 in my hands. One of the reasons I bought my wildcat was because it was a lot cheaper. Crap like this is eating up that margin pretty quick!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an update. They emailed me tonight looking for feedback after I filed a complaint. Here was my response. I am sure they won't respond to this.

I had a package delivered from the US. I frequently have items shipped and this company would only use UPS. After being charged a total of $176 for a package to be delivered in 8 working days that would normally cost my $30-50 that is delivered in 2-3 working days I refuse to ever use UPS. In fact I have made it public as to what I have been charged in as many forums as possible, finding maybe people feeling the same way after being grossly overcharged. To top it off when the package was finally delivered the delivery driver was very rude to my wife. It is good I was not home at the time.

You want me to tell you how I think???

**** YOU UPS!!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some companies only use UPS.

I refuse to deal with these companies. I will find someone that sells the same or comparable product that ships USPS. That or I have it shipped to a US shipping depot and pick it up or have a friend pick it up.

they don't deliver anymore...they just do drivebys with stickers tellin you to come pick item up...lve had them show up ..not even knock and just throw a sticker and bugger off more than once...l don't use them anymore

They piss me off. I had a package shipped to me for packaging a return product and they show up middle of the day when I'm at work (imagine that some of us have fawking jobs) and if I miss them three times (obviously going to happen as I work M-F) they ship it to their nearest warehouse to hold for pickup. Except it's an hour away. So I call and see if the driver can give me a window to be home for, nope that's too much to ask so I look into having it shipped to my work address but it's too far out of their delivery range (even though it's right on the TCH Hwy1) and will be an additional $70. They manage to have it held for pickup at the local UPS store but it's closed now so I would be totally screwed if this happened again.

Cliff notes: they can fawk off

Top Bottom