Anyone Got Their SnoCheck Yet?

AltaCycle

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
did no one order the black one? I drooled over the pics of the green one until I seen it side by side with a black ltd in the shop and boy am I glad I didn't preorder!
its not to later, I have yours sitting in the showroom. We talked months ago but now it's even cheaper. Stop in before Saturday if you can.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New sleds are cheaper now than sno check?? Really?

This happens sometimes, the bonus with SnowCheck is that you get the crack at the SnowCheck colour and you get the 4 year warranty. It's beneficial to the guys who ride a sled for 2 years then get a new one, as they command a higher resale price with the warranty and LE package.

I find the 2 best months to buy a snowmobile, based on the past couple years, to be October and March. If you're not looking for extra warranty, the cash rebates seem to be the highest in those months.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happens sometimes, the bonus with SnowCheck is that you get the crack at the SnowCheck colour and you get the 4 year warranty. It's beneficial to the guys who ride a sled for 2 years then get a new one, as they command a higher resale price with the warranty and LE package.

I find the 2 best months to buy a snowmobile, based on the past couple years, to be October and March. If you're not looking for extra warranty, the cash rebates seem to be the highest in those months.

so hypothetically speaking....if a person wants to trade his one year old sled with 400 to 700 miles, is he better off sno-checking or waiting till October?

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so hypothetically speaking....if a person wants to trade his one year old sled with 400 to 700 miles, is he better off sno-checking or waiting till October?

You're not ahead either way, with the trade. You're further ahead to sell cash, and apply to new unit. If you're looking for a sled that you can ride with warranty for 1-3 years and sell with warranty after, you're best to get a SC. If you're looking for the SC limited model, SC. If you're wanting the best cash price with only 1 year warranty, it seems to be found in October or March. But that's based on the past 2 seasons. We never know what's coming, so don't take that as gospel.

Hope that helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're not ahead either way, with the trade. You're further ahead to sell cash, and apply to new unit. If you're looking for a sled that you can ride with warranty for 1-3 years and sell with warranty after, you're best to get a SC. If you're looking for the SC limited model, SC. If you're wanting the best cash price with only 1 year warranty, it seems to be found in October or March. But that's based on the past 2 seasons. We never know what's coming, so don't take that as gospel.

Thanks, I realize that a person does better cutting out the middleman....and maybe I should have not brought the word "trade" into my question

It used to be that if you wanted a limited edition colour, you had to sno-check. But then you see them on the floor in October and now even at a cheaper price...?

So, you pay more to sno-check but you get the extra warranty....I wonder if a person is truly getting a few hundred more for a used sled with 2 or 3 years warranty left on it vs the same sled with no warranty left.....

Last edited:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Further to that last post, if trading was the only option for you, I'd say if you found a dealer that would do a trade on a SC, I'd go that way.

We process trades around here as follows; blue book retail on your unit vs retail less rebates on our units. If there happens to be $2000 dollars in cash rebates, but we've discounted it further, you only get the $2000 off. SC are rarely rebates further than the manufacturers rebates.

That's why we often recommend selling your unit privately or consigning it. And we will often recommend selling it lower than you think you should, because the only dollar amount that really matters in the end, is the difference you're willing to pay.

Ie: If you're willing to pay $5,000 to upgrade and the new sled is $12,000 OTD, you only need to sell your existing sled for $7000 if that makes sense?

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I realize that a person does better cutting out the middleman....and maybe I should have not brought the word "trade" into my question

It used to be that if you wanted a limited edition colour, you had to sno-check. But then you see them on the floor in October and now even at a cheaper price...?

So, you pay more to sno-check but you get the extra warranty....I wonder if a person is truly getting a few hundred more for a used sled with 2 or 3 years warranty left on it vs the same sled with no warranty left.....

This is the sticky wicket. This year they released the same model in the SC and regular season. I guess that's a judgement call. Warranty or cash. ??

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up my sled 2nd week of August, now just need snow!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd pay more for a sled with warranty. I like piece of mind. :)

ok, so if there were 2 M8000's .....lets say a 15' with 700 miles....one has 2 years warranty left, the other has no warranty....how much more would you be willing to pay for the extra?

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, so if there were 2 M8000's .....lets say a 15' with 700 miles....one has 2 years warranty left, the other has no warranty....how much more would you be willing to pay for the extra?

I'd probably pay $500-1000 more. It certainly doesn't take much going sideways before you're into it for over a grand. That's just me though. I don't know if there's a formula or something to figure that out on the sales end. But as a consumer, especially one with dreadful luck, I'd spend the extra :)

LE models also command a little bit more on the back end too.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd probably pay $500-1000 more. It certainly doesn't take much going sideways before you're into it for over a grand. That's just me though. I don't know if there's a formula or something to figure that out on the sales end. But as a consumer, especially one with dreadful luck, I'd spend the extra :)

LE models also command a little bit more on the back end too.

Thanks Ally....I was not trying to put you on the spot........I appreciate your answers and admire your honestly.

As much as I think you should be right, I don't think that most people put as much value on leftover warranty as you do when they look at a used sled...but that's just my small opinion. I am just trying to weigh if paying extra for a longer warranty (sno-checking) is worth it if you only keep your sled for a year or two....is the return worth the higher investment (assuming a better deal can be found in October just before the season starts.

I am not sure if there really is a right answer......I am probably over thinking this.....lol

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ally....I was not trying to put you on the spot........I appreciate your answers and admire your honestly.

As much as I think you should be right, I don't think that most people put as much value on leftover warranty as you do when they look at a used sled...but that's just my small opinion. I am just trying to weigh if paying extra for a longer warranty (sno-checking) is worth it if you only keep your sled for a year or two....is the return worth the higher investment (assuming a better deal can be found in October just before the season starts.

I am not sure if there really is a right answer......I am probably over thinking this.....lol

Haha! No worries! It made me think, though, that's for sure. In my mind, warranty is always better than no warranty, even if it costs a bit more!

Id have to check for you, when I get to work tomorrow, but if I'm not mistaken, our prices were very close between the SC and Oct rebates.

I'm an over thinker too. Drives my husband nuts haha #thinkfirst #thinkagain #forgettoshoot hah

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, I have Terry's luck. Apparently it's genetic. Everything that can go wrong, usually does. We like warranty

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually trade my sleds in when they still have a year of warranty left on them. Makes it easier for the dealer to move the sled I think. Both the dealer selling the sled, and the new owner have the peace of mind that the sled won't cost either of them any $$$$ for a year. I like buying new or with warranty as well. Buying someone elses problems; then paying to fix them sux.:beer:

Top Bottom