Anyone else having troubles finding Shell Rotella 15/40 ???

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the only way Maxim can currently get any shell oil is in bulk, and.if you bring a tote to their shop and sometime in the next 3 months it will get filled.

UFA in Vtown hasn't seen any T4 since last September, so they are selling the 15/40 T5 for the same price as the T4, $89/pail, and they have lots of stock.

Ended up scooping 28 pails from Fort Garry in stoon, they got 10 skids In last Thursday and they figure they will be out by the end of the week.
IMG_20220503_215657.jpg

Thanks for the Help in locating some oil fellas.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone run the Motomaster diesel oil? I see it now says developed with Shell technology, and from the documents I could find has the same rated viscosity (in 5W-40) as Rotella T6 5W-40. It's also rated Jaso M/MA2 like the Rotella is.

Started using the Motomaster diesel oil years ago to save a few bucks over the Shell Rotella. Did a fair bit of looking into it and asking around. A lot of people said it was Shell repackaged. Used to be a lot of discussion about it on Bob The Oil Guy site. Years back when I first started looing into C-Tire and Shell would provide the documentation if you contacted corporate. They looked identical to me. In my years of using it I find it to be a very good oil. In my older 6.4 the semi synth really reduced engine noise and it ran a fair bit smoother. I think the fully syn was just too thin for that engine. Use full syn on my newer truck for the extended change outs. Donaldson full syn oil filters from L and D distributors.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago, l made a service call to the Shell, Brockville lube plant. Lots of CT jugs going down the line. It doesn't mean they get the same blend as the Shell stuff though.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The irony about the "shortage" is because everyone is worried about being able to get it they are stocking up which would cause a shortage at the best of times.

Having said that, I stocked up with 6 pails last summer when it was like $60 a pail, very glad I did.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago, l made a service call to the Shell, Brockville lube plant. Lots of CT jugs going down the line. It doesn't mean they get the same blend as the Shell stuff though.

Yea there is very few brands who actually make oil, most of the stuff like canadian tire, wal mart branded, etc are just made by a big supplier. For older engines as long as it meets the rating i'd run it. I run CT brand hydraulic oil in my mini hoe, it leaks a bit so i'm not buying the $200 a pail chit and it's fine. The only downside is it needs more of a warmup in the winter as it's gets stiffer then the pricier stuff. But at $50 a pail compared to $200.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also been to the Tera Pure oil recycling plant in North Van. Most of your house brands come out of there. Wally world Tech 2000. Lordco, etc. There's an argument that recycled oil outperforms first run stuff. That's another discussion.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started using the Motomaster diesel oil years ago to save a few bucks over the Shell Rotella. Did a fair bit of looking into it and asking around. A lot of people said it was Shell repackaged. Used to be a lot of discussion about it on Bob The Oil Guy site. Years back when I first started looing into C-Tire and Shell would provide the documentation if you contacted corporate. They looked identical to me. In my years of using it I find it to be a very good oil. In my older 6.4 the semi synth really reduced engine noise and it ran a fair bit smoother. I think the fully syn was just too thin for that engine. Use full syn on my newer truck for the extended change outs. Donaldson full syn oil filters from L and D distributors.
what part number? thank you

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canandian Tire 178st has it whenever I need
Thinking to switch to the motomaster 5w40 synthetic for 20 dollas less a pail

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the diff between the t3 and t4 oils
dawson trucks has the t3 on sale for $84.99

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Higher the T# is a more premium oil, ie T6 is synthetic, T3 is mineral

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently dodge dealers have a deal for Rotella 15w40 oil .... might be worth checking it out?

i was at xtown
mopar oil is what they sell to me, if i want shell go somewhere else they say :(

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell never fails to disappoint... Talked to the rep a few weeks ago and they were suppose to come by and work on getting our business back saying they could now fill orders... have yet to see him...

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the Capital sales rep said their 15w40 is Rotella, and mopar oil is Shell oil, for the most part
interesting.
Even with my "employee discount" it's cheaper to buy at Napa or Canadian tire it seems

Top Bottom