Anyone else about had it with Kijiji and the morons that troll it?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early last winter I was trying to sell a 2014 pro assault for $5500 some punk offered me $3750 "cash today" on Facebook I said sure. Turns out he could not even back his low ball offer. One I've been wanting to do for a while is tell them to meet me at Walmart and never show up.

I did this to a low baller a couple years ago with my CR250, had the bike listed for $3800, guy text offered me $2000, no questions just "take $2000 for the bike?", I said ok, we met in Canadian tire parking lot and I had a statement wrote up that the $2000 was a deposit to hold the bike that would stay in my possession until balence of the payment was received. Upon reading the statement He didn't see the humour as he had taken the afternoon off work, I played oblivious and asked him a handful a times if we had both confirmed the final selling price? Sold the bike 2 days later for $3700. Haven't had a serious lowball since!

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the spring of 2013 i listed my '13 XM with 3000km for 12k, thinking it was a fair price and i wouldn't have an issue selling. Some guy offered 10k, i replied back saying 'if its picked up by noon tomorrow, you have a deal' He was there at 11am with cash in hand. Might have gotten a little less than i wanted but it was listed for 12 hours and sold.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the spring of 2013 i listed my '13 XM with 3000km for 12k, thinking it was a fair price and i wouldn't have an issue selling. Some guy offered 10k, i replied back saying 'if its picked up by noon tomorrow, you have a deal' He was there at 11am with cash in hand. Might have gotten a little less than i wanted but it was listed for 12 hours and sold.

Ripped that guy off!!

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I don't usually have the guts to go too low on my offers... that said I know a guy that gets unreal deals because he makes low ball offers. Who's smarter me or him? He's saved thousands on his sleds.
When someone offers me less than I'll take I simply say no thanks, why get your sh__ in a knot.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did this to a low baller a couple years ago with my CR250, had the bike listed for $3800, guy text offered me $2000, no questions just "take $2000 for the bike?", I said ok, we met in Canadian tire parking lot and I had a statement wrote up that the $2000 was a deposit to hold the bike that would stay in my possession until balence of the payment was received. Upon reading the statement He didn't see the humour as he had taken the afternoon off work, I played oblivious and asked him a handful a times if we had both confirmed the final selling price? Sold the bike 2 days later for $3700. Haven't had a serious lowball since!
So he made you an offer and you accepted then you did not keep your acceptance and wasted his time? Sounds like he wasn't the jerk there. All you had to do was say no.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a few things wrong with Kijiji these days. List an item at a very reasonable (sometimes firm) price and still get a ton of low ball offers. I tell them no, not interested in going that low. Have had a few people tell me 'good luck selling it cause no one is going to pay you what I offered' and my listing is $400 less than the next closest price of $2000. Had a girl low ball me on a sled saying that this is all she can offer and her daughter would love it. I said that I honestly hope she can find one for the price she offered so that we can continue to get our youth into the sport.

AND THEN THERES THE SCAMMERS. List an item like a sled or a vehicle on kijiji and look out. 10 text's from different numbers asking if its available and would I email them back at this email. Area code is from across the country or out of the States. And on a Sunday no less.

And then theres the simple message on the kijiji messenger. 'I'm interested, Is this still available?' and then silence. You'd think if someone was interested they'd actually write a message. I've thought about bombarding these guys with 100's of messages and maybe they would think twice before hitting the kijiji quick message button.

But the worst I've ever had it. Was selling a car 4 or 5 years ago and had a buyer interested. Listed for like 3K obo, a vw commuter car. Talked to a guy, went back and forth for a while, we agree on a price. Guy shows up, looks at the car and agrees that its exactly as I described, no surprises what so ever. Then bam, guys like well I'm going to offer you $500 less than we agreed upon and i've got cash in hand right now so you're going to take the new offer. I tell him to take a hike. Guy tries to keep negotiating with me and tell him flat out that I wouldn't sell it to him now even if he offered me my full listing price. He looked shocked that he drove 50kms and was leaving without the car.

Just my rant for the day.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use to sell a few things on kijiji and had similar issues . I now try to sell locally

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one of those scammers text me about something I was selling. He asked what my best to price was and I gave him a price 500bux more then what I was asking in the ad. He said ok I’ll give you your price plus 100 bux, but this better not be one of those scams. Lol

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ignore the dip****s and sell to the guy who seems genuine. Works for me, but I don’t take bull****. I’m not in a hurry to sell, so that makes it easier to pick and choose. I sell a lot of stuff.
If the guy/girl/it tries to low ball me, I usually give them the name, address and phone number of the local Salvation Army.

longtrack 156

Reaction score
I put my M7 on Kijiji, I listed it below anything similar, Guy argued back and forth for a week, I said the price was firm, finally said he would pay the price. If I delivered it 100 miles on Saturday afternoon at 4:00 so he could use it next day. I said no!

His reply;
No give and take i see
I found a way to pay you what you asked, and all i asked was that you meet me half way.
It must be nice to be so well off that compromise is an unheard of gesture.
Merry christmas to you, and a happy new year.

I said he to him:
He was looking for trouble buying a sled to go out with buddies on Sunday with a strange sled, he should get a loaner from one of his buddies. I said I was probably doing him a favour by not selling to him.

His further reply:

I wasn't going to respond to your misguided pompous email, but I would like to prevent someone else from having to be subjected to your ignorant responses.
First I would like to address your concern with your responsibility of the sled after it's been sold.
With the signed bill of sale that you keep a copy of after you sell any vehicle, you relinquish any legal responsibilty you had of the previous vehicle. This is information you can easily find if you take some time to research.
These laws come in handy when selling any used vehicle including cars, boats, motorcycles or recreational vehicles.
As for doing any favours; This again is your pompous opinion.
My circle of friends isn't so well off that they all have spare snomobiles to hand out. Unlike 55 years ago, purchasing a house and new vehicle isn't attaianable on a basic salary. Heck, buying a single family home in a city with a 100k salary isnt possible.
I'm not sure where your paranoia stems from, but from our interactions i have a pretty good idea.
I have never felt vulnerable or at risk when I buy or sell items because I treat people with dignity and respect.
Hopefully your future interactions with potential purchasers goes a little smoother and you treat them with the respect a seller should.

I sold the sled for asking price, the guy was very happy to meet my asking price.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sold allot of stuff on Kijiji, big ticket and small ticket. If somebody sends me a low ball response I just say no thanks. If I get an email from a scammer I just ignore it. I never give out my phone number on the add, only use secondary email. No need to waste time on the lowballers and scammers, just ignore them.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I haven't sold anything on Kijiji. Everything has been sold in the classifieds on this site.

When I do put items on Kijiji, I only use my e-mail. I don't have the time/desire to listen to a bunch of yahoos. I can sensor who I want to listen to a lot better with e-mail.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a pita. But I use it. I got so many low offers but had no one to come out and look. People have a better chance of dealing if it is in person and the guy has a wad of cash in hand. I want to sell items but I don't need to sell the stuff. At the same time I am not willing to give stuff away.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold my old yamahammer to a guy on Kijiji. He made an offer a little less than I was asking and explained his reasons for that which I felt was fair and his story seemed to add up when I dropped it off at his house.

I've had good and bad luck selling and buying on Kijiji. Like anything, dealing with people can suck sometimes. For those that really don't like it I suggest just trade it in if you are upgrading to avoid the hassle.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what I do. Selling something for $8000 some clown offers me $4000 I say ok but I wont be home for a couple of days. Now they are telling all their friends about this wicked deal they got. 2 days later I get an email for my address then I tell them to go f*&k themselves.

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My personal favorite are the people selling tires with 30% percent tread left, gravel damaged with a coin held up for comparison for the price of new.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what I do. Selling something for $8000 some clown offers me $4000 I say ok but I wont be home for a couple of days. Now they are telling all their friends about this wicked deal they got. 2 days later I get an email for my address then I tell them to go f*&k themselves.

I like to tell them, sure bring cash. Never hear from them again

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to get marketers and scammers contacting me all the time but nothing since I started posting 2 statements in my ads...

1. No solicitors or Paypal.

2. If you're reading this it's still for sale.

My pet peeve with Kijiji is the people that sell an item will edit their ad to say "sold" afterward...if you're logging on to edit the ad why don't you just delete it. Oh wait, what was I thinking, you just want the world to know you are an Internet master selling guru!

I allways add "No PayPal, scammers or spammers, cash in person ONLY". Seems to work.

How many ad's have you seen that are wanted ads when they are trying to sell something? IMG_1679.jpg

When did literacy become so difficult? They have to go out of their way to get it wrong

Top Bottom