Any boost ride reports from the guys that have them?

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had a full day on the Boost today, coming off his modded Sidewinder. There were 2 Matrix Boost, stock turbo doo and a few stage 2 turbo doos. Believe all the new turbos were still in break in mode. But according to him he wasn't to impressed with the Boost, maybe used to the power of the Sidewinder, but expected more. Switched between the factory turbo Doo and Boost a few times and said felt the Doo was better/stronger, wasn't sure if it was the power, the delivery to the track or the tack itself. One complaint he did have was the intake inlet locations, I guess it was deep in Blue River today and the Boost intakes are on the side so would cause the sled to bog and starve for air.
Had this happen on my NA 850 over the past week in revy too with the cold. Only 2-3 times in 7 days of riding, luckily never in a bad spot. Once off break in did not happen...

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 2 days on the 165 Boost. I rode it one day and loaned it to a buddy on day 2 and rode my T850 Doo. The Polaris makes better power, boards are better and the 7S screen with the group tracking is awesome. The only thing I missed from the Doo is the shot start. The Polaris gets up on the snow quicker and you can stay in the netural position longer. If there are no durability issues with the Polaris IMO is the clear winner.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 2 days on the 165 Boost. I rode it one day and loaned it to a buddy on day 2 and rode my T850 Doo. The Polaris makes better power, boards are better and the 7S screen with the group tracking is awesome. The only thing I missed from the Doo is the shot start. The Polaris gets up on the snow quicker and you can stay in the netural position longer. If there are no durability issues with the Polaris IMO is the clear winner.
Good to see some positive reports while I wait for my 165 Pro Boost.
Is the Matrix chassis noticeably stiffer than the Doo?.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to see some positive reports while I wait for my 165 Pro Boost.
Is the Matrix chassis noticeably stiffer than the Doo?.
Yes. The Matrix feels similar to the Axys chassis for stiffness, but goes through the snow better. On the last couple of Doos (Gen 4’s) I’ve added the tunnel reinforcement kits on to help add some rigidity. This helps, but it still isn’t as stiff.

Top Bottom