any benifit from using aftermarket reeds?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone could tell me the benifit of installing aftermarket reeds like v force and what i get out of them thanks

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Reeds

INSTALLING REEDS IS AN EASY JOB. THE BENEFITS ARE QUICKER THROTTLE RESPONSE(THROTTLE SNAP), AND SLIGHTLY BETTER HORSEPOWER(MOST REEDS ARE GOOD FOR 2-5HP), AND THEY ALL BRAG SLIGHTLY BETTER FUEL ECONOMY, DUE TO BETTER/CLEANER BURN. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING OF PUTTING THEM ON??:confused:

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my m6,put a can on already and d+d y pipe goes pretty good for a 600

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Reed

Hey Slomo, You Will Notice A Crisper Throttle Response, Especially With The Pipe And Y Pipe, And Should Notice A Little Better Top-end Punch:d ... I Know The Cats Work Good With That Combo. Keep Us In Touch

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem picking them up tommorow but wanted a little input first thanks will tell you how it turns out

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
V- force reeds are pretty much a given mod. in my opinion, Summitric says it best above.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had vf2 on my 97 700 and I kept breaking the pedals off finally put the stocks back in. I don't now if the vf3 fixed this problem or not. I am going to try a set of boysen's this time. Anyone else ever break the pedals off on vf?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my m6,put a can on already and d+d y pipe goes pretty good for a 600

From what many people have experience, you are better to spend your money elswhere. For the 600/700 motors, they already have very good reeds, alot of guys have put them on and noticed very little change, and it was not worth it. They say that it also made it harder to start. I believe if you had many mods you would notice the difference, but for the 700/600 motors they just aren't worth it.
On many older motors, they make quite a difference, but not for your sled.

Money is better spent elsewhere.

Josh

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what many people have experience, you are better to spend your money elswhere. For the 600/700 motors, they already have very good reeds, alot of guys have put them on and noticed very little change, and it was not worth it. They say that it also made it harder to start. I believe if you had many mods you would notice the difference, but for the 700/600 motors they just aren't worth it.
On many older motors, they make quite a difference, but not for your sled.

Money is better spent elsewhere.

Josh
like clutching?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like clutching?

Clutching is the best thing to do on your machine. If it ain't right your not putting the power to the ground. I'm trying to learn as much about it right now, as I don't know too much. I think you may be able to buy a complete clutch kit for your sled. Sledjunkies Clutch Kit? If he makes for an M6.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
best bang for the buck

clutching is still one of the best bangs for the buck and is usually the 1st place to start.... a/c makes a racing handbook, and I know a couple of kitty owners that treat this like a bible. A good name clutch kit is an easy install, and can be tailored to your style riding. Try contacting D&D motorsports or echo cycle for some good set-ups. And I agree with josh335, that the first place I would start with any mod would be the clutch and then you can mod from there and clutch accordingly. However, reeds do still give you the crispness in the throttle response(maybe your next mod, after a good clutch kit)??

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the tips i'll be going down to echo this afternoon and will inquire about clutch kits thanks again guys

Top Bottom