Any 200’s for sale?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to possibly pick up a 200 sled. Let me know if you have one available
My brother had 2 for a couple season. One lost 2 motors. Estarts are junk. Choke assembly breaks of the carb. Don’t get me wrong they were fun and perfect for his little girls. But for the amount of money they cost and considering he snow checked them Brand new they definitely required work to keep running. They hold their value good. But they are not as bombproof as you would think. And getting parts is a pain in the ass. The other problem is you need to start it for the kids even though it has the e start. They require perfect timing on the choke pull with the key turn the throttle push in order to fire up. Not once was my brother able to send the girls outside to go sledding without him first starting them. its disappointing that they are not as bombproof as you would think. And getting parts is a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

Farmin Fool

Reaction score
My brother had 2 for a couple season. One lost 2 motors. Estarts are junk. Choke assembly breaks of the carb. Don’t get me wrong they were fun and perfect for his little girls. But for the amount of money they cost and considering he snow checked them Brand new they definitely required work to keep running. They hold their value good. But they are not as bombproof as you would think. And getting parts is a pain in the ass. The other problem is you need to start it for the kids even though it has the e start. They require perfect timing on the choke pull with the key turn the throttle push in order to fire up. Not once was my brother able to send the girls outside to go sledding without him first starting them. its disappointing that they are not as bombproof as you would think. And getting parts is a pain in the ass.
I’ve had a couple. A 2018 pull start and a 2019 electric start. My kids have moved on to 550 Polaris’s now. I sold the 2019 but haven’t sold the 2018 yet. After the whining and bitching I took from people when I listed the first one I’m not really wanting to sell the second one yet. I guess I was supposed to give it away.

We had good luck with them. A couple little issues but every sled seems to have them. They worked good to teach the kids how to ride. Kids learn a lot more from these 200s than they do from a $4000 120.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 18 we snowchecked. The idle os annoying and yes, they are touchy with the choke. They have these motors leaned right out for emissions. You can get carb parts if you go through the fiche of a 9hp yamaha generator. I drilled the pilot out with a #76 bit and it's pretty close on idle. Went from being lean to leaving dark spots in the snow. Little tuni g amd seems to idle good now.

Machine is like a train. I've towed 5 8year olds on toboggans behind this thing amd it hasn't complained.

Very happy with it. If you do find used, be lucky if you save $500. Better off to buy new. They made continually changes to the calibration almost every year.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 18 we snowchecked. The idle os annoying and yes, they are touchy with the choke. They have these motors leaned right out for emissions. You can get carb parts if you go through the fiche of a 9hp yamaha generator. I drilled the pilot out with a #76 bit and it's pretty close on idle. Went from being lean to leaving dark spots in the snow. Little tuni g amd seems to idle good now.

Machine is like a train. I've towed 5 8year olds on toboggans behind this thing amd it hasn't complained.

Very happy with it. If you do find used, be lucky if you save $500. Better off to buy new. They made continually changes to the calibration almost every year.
I should have said that. Your mention of Calibration updates is correct. My bro bought 1st year Sleds. Of course they were a little easier to start the second year builds. I’m sure the brand new ones are even Better.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

strange...zero problems with ours other than a little dust up with the front end hitting the wood shed, 3 years and no issues both our kids pull start it ok. Drilled the pilot jet out to get rid of the idle to full throttle bog and it’s been good. Kevin at CC Cycle has been flawless for service and he can get parts if needed as well I’m sure quickly.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, had a summit lined up for my son, sent a deposit and we left right away to go look at it. Got there was told someone else offered him $1000 more and would be there in an hour...so that was the deal now. Anyway might have to make a second trip as he’s only sent back half my deposit. John Sheppard if you’re on here, do the right thing he’s a kid!

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish you luck in finding one. I bought our oldest daughter a 550 evo this fall and made the mistake of telling the dealer I have two 200’s. He has called three times offering more than I paid to take them off my hands.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 2020. These machines are wicked! They rip!

We are currently waiting for some electrical parts, Voltage reg is bad and over voltage took out the headlight. Waiting for parts but the dealers don’t seem to have stock on parts for any machines now a days.

But still gets ridden pretty much daily. Rocken a frankensled at the moment when it’s dark.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 2020. These machines are wicked! They rip!

We are currently waiting for some electrical parts, Voltage reg is bad and over voltage took out the headlight. Waiting for parts but the dealers don’t seem to have stock on parts for any machines now a days.

But still gets ridden pretty much daily. Rocken a frankensled at the moment when it’s dark.

thats what I was posting on. Many little issues. But as u said they are Great sleds for kids. But It lots of work for daddy with the little issues

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride the 200 as much as kids. It’s so much fun and even with my phat azz it will pull 4 kids on gt’s and not just on hard pack- traction factor lol

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dons speed in wainwright had new ones a couple weeks ago for just under 6k OTD. Might be worth a call to see if they have any left.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood, yesterday evil kneivel was riding his 200 around the yard and we couldn't get it running again. Fouled the poop out of a plug and backfired a handful of times trying to get it going again. Thinking it was a warm day and I may have slightly overdrilled the pilot. Back to the shop to get it going. You know there may be an issue when the local dealer has an assortment of pilot jets in stock for a 200!! If you asked me 20 years ago if I would buy a pilot jet for $30 I would have laughed at you....

Top Bottom