Another stop ride notice coming?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something about the brakes catching fire. I wonder if it is something stupid like the parking brake getting engaged??

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledd'ers need too carry 30 lb fire extinguishers...

There part of the warranty up-date...

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the authenticity.

7081BF19-D823-4CEA-B1F8-B31CDCAFA0F5.jpeg

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol any brake will catch fire if the parking brake is left on. Seen many sleds on fire 5km up the trail.

I actually had a older Polaris break fail on me and the park break 100% was not on. All of the sudden there was flames coming outa the vents and burnt the vent material. When the machine come to a stop, I ripped the panel open and threw some snow on it. Too this day idk why it happened but I do know that break fluid is extremely flammable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually had a older Polaris break fail on me and the park break 100% was not on. All of the sudden there was flames coming outa the vents and burnt the vent material. When the machine come to a stop, I ripped the panel open and threw some snow on it. Too this day idk why it happened but I do know that break fluid is extremely flammable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you leave your park brake on overnight and the lever or caliper freezes your brake pads can still be engaged even if you think they aren't. Doesn't take much drag to build up heat quickly

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen it happen on a older doo, trailered to the parking lot and we figured there was a good build up of ice from road mist and froze the caliper. Guess that's why they sell sled covers

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 minutes with a file modifying the lever and the lever throw is Axys like 1” of travel now at the end of the lever and the parking brake will engage with out snapping the lever off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom