Another reason to go android

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for Christmas we bought our kids 32g iPod touches. Cool awesome gift kids love them. So day 2 and our sons won't accept a charge tried changing cords still no go. Unit was bought at the source call them and explain. They say they can't replace it as per apple contract any warranty has to go to apple store. So wife calls and makes appointment. They travel into Edmonton go to apple store. And they say we can't do anything about it store policy should cover for 14 days. Call the source that we bought from while she was there and explains both managers at source explain apples policy as they understand it absolutely no warranty returns except through apple store. They explain to the rep there and he agrees that they are right. But our picture is also that 14 days is store responsibility but the store can't return the faulty unit to apple. Hope I am not the only one confused yet. So them the guy says well we can replace it for you with a refurbished one. Excuse me wtf. This thing is less than 48 hrs use on if and it chit the bed I want new. Well that's not our policy. Seriously buddy. I paid for a new piece and I get a used? Apple is worse than the thieves out there I think. Wife has now been in apple store for 2 hrs over this. And from our last phone call I think security may need to be called soon
Anybody else have similar issues with these puss wads?

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant say im suprised at all. I dont like apples customer service at all.

I had a situation with bestbuy over their product replacemebt plan. I bought a samsung galaxy note for 770 cash. Then they hooped me into a 3 year product replacement plan for another 500 and change, saying that i coild return my phone if it has any issues and they would replace it on the spot. So my camera stopped working, among other issues, i bring it back and they saod they cannot replace it because it has a crack in the glass (not the lcd). So even though i paid basically for a second phone when i paid for it, i have to go fight it out with them and probably even pay more money to replace the screen before they honor the plan. Like really if glass cracks are so bad, why do the even use glass? Why not plastic?

I feel your pain. These crooked bastards have no problem selling you on something until you have an issue. Then they direct you to the 4pt fine pront on the wordy legal speak pamphlet they stuck in the bag after youve shelled out the money and then they push you out the door hoping you wont come back while they are on shift.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bought an apple product at Radio Shack? Those idiots are crooks to say the least.

Every apple product I have ever owned has been awesome! Customer service, warranty claims, every experience was awesome.

You get a dud now and then... with any product.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 3 macs (computers) in the house, all excellent. Roomie has an ipod touch....JUNK! Same with the ipads!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
iPad has been great, way better than siting here on a laptop. Haven't heard of anyone having issues with apples products.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 3 macs (computers) in the house, all excellent. Roomie has an ipod touch....JUNK! Same with the ipads!

No problems with my or my wife's iPad. Both are over a year old and no glitches yet. We even let our grandkids abuse them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues with i pad or i phones.

Wemac

Reaction score
If you bought the iPods at the source they are refurbished anyways. Places like Walmart, Staples, Best Buy and the Source are Authorized Resellers. These people are only giving you the run around because it is this time of year.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a product issue as much as a policy issue. You can't return to store because store can't return to apple but you can't return to apple because you bought at store.
As for all theirs are refurbished that's bs new is new. Think about it if all the ones anyone but apple sells is refurbished then apple has ALOT of garbage. Thousands of dealers all release the new product on the same day. So what your saying is before the iPod touch came out they already had 10million plus refurbished units doesn't really make sense does it. Another fairy tale told by apple apparently.

In the end they finally warranted it with a new product.

Wemac

Reaction score
If you look at any Visions flyer or Walmart or Staples they all say Authorized Reseller. These places don't get the new products on a release date only the Apple stores and the cell phone providers. Believe what you want but the two stores you are dealing with are jerking you around I bought an Apple product at one place and it didn't work properly so I took it back to the Apple store and they took care of it.

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got two iPods and a Mac book. Never had any issues. Talked my parents into getting a Mac desktop, they struggle with it, but have always had good service with Apple. Sounds like you got lemons. Go to a different apple store or place that sells iPods, don't tell them where these ones came from and explain they won't hold a charge. See what happens, I've had good luck with future shop.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's apples policy that makes no sense. Is what I was saying. If you purchase from another retailer that retailer is supposed to eat the warrenty if it fails in less than 14 days.
It was the apple store that was screwing us around. Not the source they were just following apples policy but refusing to eat the cost of the unit and they shouldn't have to
All ended well finally but what a pita

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I like to do to places I know it will be a pain to return something that's defective is go to the store buy a new one of the product take it home and swap the defective product with the good one then take it back to the store and get your money back and return it by just saying I changed my mind and don't want it.

Couple examples:

I did that with Canadian Tire, I bought a ATV jack and had the jack bottle go after about 8 months so I went to Canadian Tire bought a new ATV jack swapped the bottles out then took the ATV jack back to Canadian Tire and returned it. Now I have a great working ATV jack again :) I couldn't take back the original bottle because it was past the 90 day return and I'm not going to waste time fighting with them.

I bought my spouse a nice watch a peoples jewelers like a couple years ago then she took it to be cleaned and the label that shows the brand came off and some of the scratches were still visible so we saw that Costco had the same watch and they have a great return policy so we bought the same watch at Costco new then returned the one that the label came off on and that had minor scratches a couple weeks later and got our money back and now she has a spanking new watch with no issues :)

Just the game you can play when needed!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I like to do to places I know it will be a pain to return something that's defective is go to the store buy a new one of the product take it home and swap the defective product with the good one then take it back to the store and get your money back and return it by just saying I changed my mind and don't want it.

Couple examples:

I did that with Canadian Tire, I bought a ATV jack and had the jack bottle go after about 8 months so I went to Canadian Tire bought a new ATV jack swapped the bottles out then took the ATV jack back to Canadian Tire and returned it. Now I have a great working ATV jack again :) I couldn't take back the original bottle because it was past the 90 day return and I'm not going to waste time fighting with them.

I bought my spouse a nice watch a peoples jewelers like a couple years ago then she took it to be cleaned and the label that shows the brand came off and some of the scratches were still visible so we saw that Costco had the same watch and they have a great return policy so we bought the same watch at Costco new then returned the one that the label came off on and that had minor scratches a couple weeks later and got our money back and now she has a spanking new watch with no issues :)

Hmmm, dishonest and stupid !!

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, dishonest and stupid !!

Meh your opinion on how you want to resolve a return. I prefer no yelling, no scene and this accomplishes that just fine. I don't believe that Magnet's wife should have had to get so mad and half the store stair at her because of corporate greed. Simple solution to complex problem.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Couple examples:

And your a scumbag lol

Sent from a iPhone

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And your a scumbag lol

Sent from a iPhone

I got to say this solution is not for everyone it is only for those who want to save TIME and MONEY the two principles that drive the world. And it goes against the single most important core value of a corporation (Get your money). Don't worry... those who use my advise don't have to thank me now, you will thank me for this great advise when you're never stuck holding the bag on defective products and you never have to yell at some poor casher who is powerless against the forces of greed to change the corporate policies. Other people in the store won't look at you like a moron while you blow a gasket and effectively achieve nothing by the end of it all. You will save a lot of time and money, the two most important things!

When it comes to corporations I remove my rosé glasses and realize they only care about one thing (Money). They could care less about you, the single shopper that's in the store to hassle them about your purchase that's already made them money. I know I sleep easy at night knowing that I got the most out of my purchases from these corporations. Those who don't follow this advise will allow the corporation executives to sleep well at night knowing they got your money and they will be good and rested to screw more people the next day!

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to say this solution is not for everyone it is only for those who want to save TIME and MONEY the two principles that drive the world. And it goes against the single most important core value of a corporation (Get your money). Don't worry... those who use my advise don't have to thank me now, you will thank me for this great advise when you're never stuck holding the bag on defective products and you never have to yell at some poor casher who is powerless against the forces of greed to change the corporate policies. Other people in the store won't look at you like a moron while you blow a gasket and effectively achieve nothing by the end of it all. You will save a lot of time and money, the two most important things!

When it comes to corporations I remove my rosé glasses and realize they only care about one thing (Money). They could care less about you, the single shopper that's in the store to hassle them about your purchase that's already made them money.

Well its a victomless crime, right....so it don't matter......

And....when you look in a mirror, what do you see??? A thief?? Cuz thats what you are.....

I wonder if people realize how much theft and loss reflect the high prices we pay....or at least what honest folks pay.

Do you know how many watches Costco now has to sell just to break even from their loss to you, the thief??? Cuz, basically they will find the used watch and it will be a total loss to the company for your theft.

So, lets say they make 20% on that watch....let's put a price of $250 on it......So now they have to sell 5 more watches just to break even for what you stole.

You are painting all retailers as companies who don't care....and yes, some don't....learn who they are and don't support them. But a lot of companies, like Costco, take care of their customers with a great return policy that you are really abusing.

Your watch was 2 years old and the label fell off and you feel they should replace it......seriously??

So, you think its ok just to go steal one instead?

Does your wife like wearing stolen jewelry??

Do you steal sled parts too from sled retailers too??

Whatever, you alrready stated, you don't care what others think.....And yet, you are daft enough to brag about it on a public forum

Wow.....guys like you are a real asset to society

Top Bottom