Amsoil in the 850

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So anyone run Amsoil in there 850 etec and/or in a 850 turbo? Any comments

at $65 a jug, I burn through 10-13 jugs a season. There is a decent cost saving of $4.20L switching to amsoil

basically the saving would cover my sled membership hah!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I stick to Skidoo oil in my 850 Turbo, the dealer always reports the oil color and consistency to the warrantee department when you have a claim. This could sway a decision when claiming something like an engine or turbo. After warrantee sure.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stick to Skidoo oil in my 850 Turbo, the dealer always reports the oil color and consistency to the warrantee department when you have a claim. This could sway a decision when claiming something like an engine or turbo. After warrantee sure.
I know BRP asks the dealer what oil the customer uses when there is a warranty failure. Less pink drinks at Zala's and run the good stuff. Lol

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know BRP asks the dealer what oil the customer uses when there is a warranty failure. Less pink drinks at Zala's and run the good stuff. Lol

invalid responses by both of you. Fear facts!

I want to know the results of running amsoil, people with experience. There is no need to worry about warranty if the oil works just as good or better right!?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
invalid responses by both of you. Fear facts!
I want to know the results of running amsoil, people with experience. There is no need to worry about warranty if the oil works just as good or better right!?
Not trying to spread fear. Just telling you how BRP works. If you have a good dealer he will lie for you. If you don’t well………the outcome may be one you don’t like. All facts sadly.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally run the BRP synthetic, but prior to my 850... all I run for the last 20 years was Amsoil Intercepter. Its good oil despite what you might hear. Tens of thousands of miles on two smokes with turbos to boot. Never one single engine failure do to oiling!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So anyone run Amsoil in there 850 etec and/or in a 850 turbo? Any comments

at $65 a jug, I burn through 10-13 jugs a season. There is a decent cost saving of $4.20L switching to amsoil

basically the saving would cover my sled membership hah!
Your trying to save your self $54.60 on a $20,000 sled by cheaping out on oil. Well that really makes sense doesn't it. LOL

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also run the Amsoil Formula 0w40 in my Boosted Nytro, M1100T Cat, boosted Viper and currently the V-Twin 20w50 in my Harley.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its great oil... is it worth the few bucks on a $20,000 plus snowmobile, ATV or motorcycle?!

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen write ups where sleds with exhaust valves are all gummed up because of Amsoil... BS! Just tape the throttle to the bars and you'll be good!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I used Amsoil for years and never had any problems. I didn't look inside any of my engines to look at deposits or whatever so I really don't know what was going on but there was never a problem.

When I bought our first Doo 850's (2 of them of 2017), I didn't want to worry about warranty (it is like you said, all the fear mongering) and switched to Doo oil. The motor popped on my wife's machine and there was no problem with warranty. It is a good thing because to get that baby back on the snow there was an $8600 warranty claim. Would it have gone through with Amsoil in it? I don't know but I wasn't worried.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in the sates, they can't deny warranty because you don't run their oil. The Magnuson-Moss Act clearly states this: Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[7] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions[8] and is frequently mentioned in the context of third-party computer parts, such as memory and hard drives.

I've been running Mystik 2 stroke oil in my sleds for about 10 years and have never had a problem with it and in fact, it comes highly recommended by my local sled mechanic and is where I buy it.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your trying to save your self $54.60 on a $20,000 sled by cheaping out on oil. Well that really makes sense doesn't it. LOL
Stupidity.... this is your comment. Again your not cheaping out if it is a better oil. Price is a point but really I am looking for feedback on

If amsoil is proven to work just fine the stupidity is wasting money when you don’t need too.

Let me break it down more, you could by a set of Levi’s jeans or a pair of guess jeans for 4x the price for work wear. I bet you buy skippy Levis, but really you can’t put a price on your body so you should buy the $400 guess jeans... less pink drink and buy the good stuff

if you dont have any input then don’t comment!

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For myself it was/is the convenience as where I work we are an Amsoil dealer. We've never had any customers return and say they've had an engine or driveline failure because of the Amsoil products we've sold them. I've heard a crap ton of complaints about Amsoil on the interweb and that it is a terrible product... false!

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also currently running Intercepter in my 2002 CR250 and my Son is running the Dirtbike 10w50 in his 2017 KX450.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues at all. Now having said that... our service intervals are more frequent than recommended. Maybe that's why I've always had good luck? doesn't explain the 2 smoke longevity though?! I'm also using the Metric 10w40 in the transmission on the CR. I know... metric oil? LOL.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupidity.... this is your comment. Again your not cheaping out if it is a better oil. Price is a point but really I am looking for feedback on

If amsoil is proven to work just fine the stupidity is wasting money when you don’t need too.

Let me break it down more, you could by a set of Levi’s jeans or a pair of guess jeans for 4x the price for work wear. I bet you buy skippy Levis, but really you can’t put a price on your body so you should buy the $400 guess jeans... less pink drink and buy the good stuff

if you dont have any input then don’t comment!
Ignore him and run the Amsoil, you'll be fine.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil these days is all really good. In my jet boat it calls for mercury dfi oil and dealer tells you you have to run it or it gums up. It’s $13 or do dollars a litre and I burn 5-6 litres a day. I’ve been burning Klondike oil end of last year and this year. My boat actually run better I think. I always ran a good oil that can be bought anywhere. Never no issues

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also currently running Intercepter in my 2002 CR250 and my Son is running the Dirtbike 10w50 in his 2017 KX450.
Only complaint with the intercepter it doesn’t have much colour. So you can’t see it in the lines or your premix jug.

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only complaint with the intercepter it doesn’t have much colour. So you can’t see it in the lines or your premix jug.
I agree with the color about the Interceptor. I switched to Amsoil Dominator just to be able to see it’s mixed gas.

Top Bottom