Amsoil in the 850

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran amsoil dominator in many 2-smokes, TRX310R, Banshee(highly modified but the 310 was still faster), 600RMK(improved stock), MM700(improved stock) and in my current M8000(improved stock). Never an issue EVER. As for the exhaust valve cleaning, it needs to be done on every sled regardless of oil brand. The last time I cleaned mine I just needed to brake clean them and a little scrub with scotch brite.

old700

Reaction score
Stupidity.... this is your comment. Again your not cheaping out if it is a better oil. Price is a point but really I am looking for feedback on

If amsoil is proven to work just fine the stupidity is wasting money when you don’t need too.

Let me break it down more, you could by a set of Levi’s jeans or a pair of guess jeans for 4x the price for work wear. I bet you buy skippy Levis, but really you can’t put a price on your body so you should buy the $400 guess jeans... less pink drink and buy the good stuff

if you dont have any input then don’t comment!

So he posted saying he wanted to save money. Then after someone who isnt brain dead did the math, he made fun of the guy, and said it was actually about quality of oil…… lol. Less pink drink is right.

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your trying to save your self $54.60 on a $20,000 sled by cheaping out on oil. Well that really makes sense doesn't it. LOL
He said 4.20 a litre saving so on a brp 3.78 litre jug that is 15.87 a jug savings so that would be 206 bucks not 54.60 for the season wouldn't it?

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've ran Amsoil interceptor in my 17 850 for 2500km with no problems and my 18 850 with 4000km with no problems....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds expensive. I run bulk doo oil, it’s cheaper than the doo jugs, small price to pay when it’s 160 bucks for a room not and 1,40 for diesel, but Run whatever oil you want, I don’t think amsoil is a better oil. Lots a amsoil propaganda “snakeoil salesman” that says otherwise.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive had some amsoil skidoo engines apart, lots of rave valve gumming...almost like a thick paste. I run BRP oil and recommended BRP oil. I had a friend that swore by the stuff and always used to make fun of me. His engine chit the bed ( it did last a along time on amsoil mind you) but i showed him the valves that came out of his engine when i freshened it up vs the ones that came out of mine with similar miles that i happened to have apart aswell. It was very apparent the differences. Would it effect performance or life? not likely, especially if you clean your valves every 2000km or so. Would it void your warranty? also not likely but i don't like playing roulette. Warranty is like insurance if they can find a way out they will. what are you going to do take the manufacture to court? not likely.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive had some amsoil skidoo engines apart, lots of rave valve gumming...almost like a thick paste. I run BRP oil and recommended BRP oil. I had a friend that swore by the stuff and always used to make fun of me. His engine chit the bed ( it did last a along time on amsoil mind you) but i showed him the valves that came out of his engine when i freshened it up vs the ones that came out of mine with similar miles that i happened to have apart aswell. It was very apparent the differences. Would it effect performance or life? not likely, especially if you clean your valves every 2000km or so. Would it void your warranty? also not likely but i don't like playing roulette. Warranty is like insurance if they can find a way out they will. what are you going to do take the manufacture to court? not likely.

This was something I always wondered, about the raves, But never had a chance to see it for myself.
Thanks for that comment.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Amsol oil is good but buy your Amsol from your sled dealer if you insist on using it becasue I have found dealers will go to bat for you if you spend money in their shop. If you buy elsewhere why do you think they will look after you when a warranty item may be questionable. Sure a major failure of your motor that is obviously a manufacturers defect won't be denied but something like low compression on one cylinder can have yor dealer scratching their head and BRP may ask them to give their opinion.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Amsol oil is good but buy your Amsol from your sled dealer if you insist on using it becasue I have found dealers will go to bat for you if you spend money in their shop. If you buy elsewhere why do you think they will look after you when a warranty item may be questionable. Sure a major failure of your motor that is obviously a manufacturers defect won't be denied but something like low compression on one cylinder can have yor dealer scratching their head and BRP may ask them to give their opinion.
Why drive to your dealer when your neighbor is most likely a dealer? 3 to every block. Lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i really wish BRP would make the bulk oil drums a feasible cost..........maybe they are listening. I would buy a 30 gallon drum in a heartbeat at a discount over the bottles. As it stands right now its cheaper to buy the individual bottles than to buy a bulk drum

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i really wish BRP would make the bulk oil drums a feasible cost..........maybe they are listening. I would buy a 30 gallon drum in a heartbeat at a discount over the bottles. As it stands right now its cheaper to buy the individual bottles than to buy a bulk drum
Well that's ass backwards. I always try and buy in bulk, have saved myself thousands over the years doing so.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

between basecamp and banner in golden I have found it is wash.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mms going away from bulk oil. Sounds like won’t have it anymore to fill jugs as brp took away the discount on it.
The 10L and 18.9L jugs are a bit cheaper than the 3.78
Get what you need for oil. Once it’s gone she gone for this yr. you’ll be using amsoil to finish season.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mms going away from bulk oil. Sounds like won’t have it anymore to fill jugs as brp took away the discount on it.
The 10L and 18.9L jugs are a bit cheaper than the 3.78
Get what you need for oil. Once it’s gone she gone for this yr. you’ll be using amsoil to finish season.

Ok so you have heard the same thing I have, which is really the main reason for the question/post.

should I start hoarding now or later hah!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should provide free sleds as long as you buy their oil. They would still make good money as that stuff is expensive. Oh well the cost of fuel this season will make the oil look cheap. $1.55.9/ litre for regular in New Denver last week and that was before the $0.10 increase we saw in Calgary this week.

Top Bottom