Alpha vs Mountain Max

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the differences are between the two other than color? Looking at getting a 154 for the wife/backup sled and the price difference is quite a bit.

154 hardcore, manual start - $19,185
154 mountain max le sl - $16,899

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the differences are between the two other than color? Looking at getting a 154 for the wife/backup sled and the price difference is quite a bit.

154 hardcore, manual start - $19,185
154 mountain max le sl - $16,899
The e start comes with the big seat, manual start small seat. Other than that they are the same. I think Jerry has a few left overs at Central Sled in Wetaskiwin

Reactions: RXN

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
19k for a sled that isnt even turbo? wow you would have to really love CAT to pay that.

Lol no not at all. I was just wondering the difference, seems like the obvious choice in Yamaha and save a few grand.

And already being on a Sidewinder it would be handy to have spare parts that work between the 2 sleds. That and I can't find myself willing to support Quebec.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The e start comes with the big seat, manual start small seat. Other than that they are the same. I think Jerry has a few left overs at Central Sled in Wetaskiwin
Ya the SL is the pull start option, so spec wise from what I can find they are the same (pull start, coilovers, 3" track,...). Guess you are paying extra for the bright colors???

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the mapping may be different. But i can not say for sure

At that price difference I'd hit up the mountain max myself

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ill have to hit up a few dealers this time home. And convince the wife to get into sledding. Thanks.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya cats pricing is crazy don't know what they are thinking. It's to bad Yamaha didn't make a new 2 stroke motor for the new mountain max i would buy one .

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think the 2020 alpha hardcore I snow checked was 14199 plus fees and gst. Just over 15k. Not sure how cat is justifying the price this year. Seems crazy.

Go Yamaha

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think the 2020 alpha hardcore I snow checked was 14199 plus fees and gst. Just over 15k. Not sure how cat is justifying the price this year. Seems crazy.

Go Yamaha
Same here. On the bright side though cat might have something that actually holds it’s used value half decent for a change.

Top Bottom