All Balls Bearing torque settings

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the torque settings for wheel bearings for UTV’s. I have a 14 razor and can’t find the torque settings anywhere. thx.
Not sure but this might help you out, found in another forum.

One of my riding buddies called a company that makes race hubs for UTV's (can't remember the name.) They told him Polaris has been shy on the torque numbers for some reason the last several years. Can-am says 220 lbs on theirs, and Polaris bumped it to 180 for 2018 even though the parts are mostly the same. He recommended going 200 ft/lbs. Apparently, not torquing them enough causes some play inside the hub and makes them wear faster. We all greased ours and put them at 200 before our last couple of rides. No problems yet but no long term review either. The only thing is, you can't do it by yourself...you have to have someone inside the machine holding the brake because the wrench turns the wheel and doesn't tighten the nut

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the torque settings for wheel bearings for UTV’s. I have a 14 razor and can’t find the torque settings anywhere. thx.

I go 180 ft lbs on Polaris brgs

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to say with all ball bearings I wouldn’t tighten to much. That way when you’re redoing them in a very short time it’s easier to take apart lol

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The design seems good however a little pricey...

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to say with all ball bearings I wouldn’t tighten to much. That way when you’re redoing them in a very short time it’s easier to take apart lol
14000km on my last machine with all balls an they were still going stong

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
14000km on my last machine with all balls an they were still going stong

You grease them? Last way better if you grease them but man if you don’t they don’t last. My 500 ranger I changed them more than oil.

Top Bottom