Aftermarket front bumper???

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the name of this front bumper!!!

Attachments

• 89EA99E1-29C8-46E2-9012-B110352FA917.jpeg
    89EA99E1-29C8-46E2-9012-B110352FA917.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 147

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a few of them, I like that they absorb the energy of a hit, they aren’t so rigid and strong that it transfers the energy to more expensive things, they fit nice and protect the intake nicely. They do bend and tweak when they take a good hit, but again laws of physics say energy transfers so if the bumper doesn’t absorb it, the energy usually continues on a path to $$$$ parts lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you can bend them with a good kick they are too flimsy. Any impact period causes then to bend and give. On a big impact they simply fold and you wreck expensive things anyway.

Beg to differ on that, I’ve had 2 big impacts on those bumpers with my mountain cat, one a tree, my own fault for trying to thread the needle with hard wind blown snow and one a cutoff stump hidden at the top of a pillow drop. Both were hard hits, enough to ejecto seato over the bars and land ten+ feet in front on my head and no damage to the sled whatsoever, my bumper was twisted to f*ck but no intake or plastics or bulkhead damages whatsoever. I bent an A-arm on the tree one but that’s not what it protects, that was just how the sled deflected. And why are you kicking our sled so hard and bending the bumper? Anger issues? Lol jk but Unless they are making them thinner walled and cheaper than a couple years ago they hold up fine and look good

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beg to differ on that, I’ve had 2 big impacts on those bumpers with my mountain cat, one a tree, my own fault for trying to thread the needle with hard wind blown snow and one a cutoff stump hidden at the top of a pillow drop. Both were hard hits, enough to ejecto seato over the bars and land ten+ feet in front on my head and no damage to the sled whatsoever, my bumper was twisted to f*ck but no intake or plastics or bulkhead damages whatsoever. I bent an A-arm on the tree one but that’s not what it protects, that was just how the sled deflected. And why are you kicking our sled so hard and bending the bumper? Anger issues? Lol jk but Unless they are making them thinner walled and cheaper than a couple years ago they hold up fine and look good
Biggest thing for me is putting something on there that’s better then what’s there now like nothing lol but I would rather the bumper taking the impact and not casing the impact shifting its way threw the sled. I guess speed we’ll play a big factor tho haha and rocks and stumps don’t move to well either lol!!!!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smashed the fk out of one and it was scrap metal after but it protected all the plastic. Had to pull a couple bolts on the bumper to get intake lined up properly to ride the rest of the day so all in all I'd say it did it's job sacrificing itself to save the hood and still ride out. Put the heavy Cat tube bumper on as a replacement.

Top Bottom