AFD Petroleum

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys , wanting to know what experiances you have had with them?

Hoehand79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard they buy low grade or bottom of the barrel fuel for re sale...not sure if that s the problem or if it's the remote tanks they use. I just changed my fuel filter more often and keep an eye on the water separator...

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard they buy low grade or bottom of the barrel fuel for re sale...not sure if that s the problem or if it's the remote tanks they use. I just changed my fuel filter more often and keep an eye on the water separator...
Umm, which location?
The fuel is good.
They buy from all the big refineries.......

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sicamous location has put gas in diesel vehicles on more than one occasion. Did it to me once. Told me it was my fault cause the green cap that says diesel fuel only wasn't obvious enough. lol Charged for it and I pumped it out.

They once had their premium fuel tank full of diesel and filled sled with it. trail was littered with dead sleds that day.

They look closed now. Never see any body there.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use there bulk station in lake country for marked deisel only
no problems in several years

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The sicamous location has put gas in diesel vehicles on more than one occasion. Did it to me once. Told me it was my fault cause the green cap that says diesel fuel only wasn't obvious enough. lol Charged for it and I pumped it out.

They once had their premium fuel tank full of diesel and filled sled with it. trail was littered with dead sleds that day.

They look closed now. Never see any body there.

Aren't they closed for renovations?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a buddy in the fuel hauling business. There are mixes more often than people would think he says.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
My buddy switched his fuel station in the north Shuswap from CO-OP to AFD a few years ago as AFD had a program to help with installing new pumps and was better pricing. After a year or so of battling with them on trying to get loads and the pump deal never happening and management being a bunch of f tards he went back to the canoe co-op. That’s all I know about AFD.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you were reimbursed at least?

HaHa that douche filled it and then told me it was my fault cause he didn't know it was diesel. He took the green cap that says diesel fuel only off! I caught it when he had added 35 liters. Asked to have it pumped out. The response was "it won't hurt it and you gotta pay for the gasoline" Nice eh. I pumped it out myself. Doesn't bother me to see that tool go broke. Complained to AFD and nothing.

Now believe it or not this happened to us at the Calgary CO OP. Guy filled it with gasoline. They had it towed to shop of my choice to clean it out and supplied a rental vehicle. That is the difference between a reputable chain and fly by night operators. Mistakes can happen but it is how it is handled that counts.

My learning is to always fill at the self serve island. lol

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camp job I was at in wonowon bc, had them in ft mac too so ya maybe the issue is those remote tanks
Tanks not getting turned fast enough.

My riding group has burnt thousands of liters of purple premium from the big eddy with zero issues. But they get new fuel once a week cause they have small tanks.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a AFD remote station up here in laCorey awhile back. Price started out super cheap and then kept going up. Eventually they pulled out and never came back. I never had any bad experience, but I assume if it was good, then it would still be here. Who knows.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Labeling the tanks lol.

ha ha That was the answer the day they filled sleds with diesel. Filled the marked premium tank with diesel cause it was underground so they didn't know which tank it was going in. Guys a real genius.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha ha That was the answer the day they filled sleds with diesel. Filled the marked premium tank with diesel cause it was underground so they didn't know which tank it was going in. Guys a real genius.
Thought the one tank, leatched into the other, had a hole in the division wall

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More and more fuel stations are going computerized. They are monitored for volume so they never run out instead of dipping them and from what I was told also for density. This is to stop mixes as diesel has a different density as gas. Also same thing with water. they are allowed a very small amount of water in the tank or it needs to be addressed. People put a lot into trusting that the fuel stop owner/manager knows what he is doing.

Top Bottom