9R reviews or lack thereof….

bradtothebone

Reaction score
Pretty quiet on the 9R reviews?! Due to delivery issues?

Other than a few reviews on snowest - not much comment?!

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Most should have them but I now for me the snow is not great and haven't seen a flake since Dec 27th.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little bit I’ve read on them guys like the low end power and say they wail pretty good. Time will tell how the power plant holds up.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revs quick and hard, the 72's are pretty light and will hit 8500rpm if you are at below 6000'. Comparision to identical 22 850 (with 1800 miles) is very noticeable. More than our group expected.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CD73952A-2F59-4FC5-8B77-C0DB74D21C69.jpeg

Wait till they’re clutched better….

Giv'er

Reaction score
Anyone notice that the throttle is super finicky just off idle? It's like it cuts out just as you are rolling along at 2 or 3 mph and then cuts in again.... Plus had it hold up (sort of stick) just off idle a few times too... Continued to run at 5 mph with no hand on throttle. Warm day, above freezing, field riding, no snow under hood or in throttle cable. Somethings not set right in guessing.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the throttle is super finicky just off idle? It's like it cuts out just as you are rolling along at 2 or 3 mph and then cuts in again.... Plus had it hold up (sort of stick) just off idle a few times too... Continued to run at 5 mph with no hand on throttle. Warm day, above freezing, field riding, no snow under hood or in throttle cable. Somethings not set right in guessing.

My bad, I misread that. Was it frozen before the warm day? If you can put it in a heated shop for a full day that would help. Having it cut out off idle is often the throttle safety sensor which is a plunger activated by your throttle pin when you put pressure on the flipper. Having the throttle stay on is often the cable freezing. I would try lock deicer as well. If you leave a Polaris outside always check the throttle a few times before trying to start it.

Last edited:

solarguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt looked at home on the 9R, when you consider he has been on a gen 5 all season this was very impressive riding!

Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing. Brand new. Never been in the snow.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got my new matrix, and I was working/adjusting the throttle and I noticed that the flipper is real tight on the block. They used to be loose and had little shim washer that you would put in there and adjust for free play. Not the same now, no washers in there and flipper drags a bit on the block. If this is the case then it may activate the tss because it doesn’t slide away properly. May need some lube on it or some brake in time to loosen it up. Also cable slack was way off

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got my new matrix, and I was working/adjusting the throttle and I noticed that the flipper is real tight on the block. They used to be loose and had little shim washer that you would put in there and adjust for free play. Not the same now, no washers in there and flipper drags a bit on the block. If this is the case then it may activate the tss because it doesn’t slide away properly. May need some lube on it or some brake in time to loosen it up. Also cable slack was way off
I think there was a stop ride recall last winter for the 2022 throttle flipper. On mine it did have at least one washer and was pretty tight, so one washer was removed I think so there is more play in the pin. Maybe check with your dealer on that, or call Polaris.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try running a muster throttle or aftermarket to see if they can mitigate the sticky throttle. Don't need to run it in finger throttle position. Just seen (2) Polaris fellas leaving the cabin on the weekend. They went in for a warm up and bite to eat, and both had frozen throttles when they came out. 2 other guys both were packing lock-de-icer. This could be a real danger with all the new riders out there.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there was a stop ride recall last winter for the 2022 throttle flipper. On mine it did have at least one washer and was pretty tight, so one washer was removed I think so there is more play in the pin. Maybe check with your dealer on that, or call Polaris.
Anyone try running a muster throttle or aftermarket to see if they can mitigate the sticky throttle. Don't need to run it in finger throttle position. Just seen (2) Polaris fellas leaving the cabin on the weekend. They went in for a warm up and bite to eat, and both had frozen throttles when they came out. 2 other guys both were packing lock-de-icer. This could be a real danger with all the new riders out there.
I have installed the MVM throttle block and use the Munster TSS delete. Had the same setup on my 21, works good, just sad have to spend some extra to fix a known problem.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have installed the MVM throttle block and use the Munster TSS delete. Had the same setup on my 21, works good, just sad have to spend some extra to fix a known problem.
Have you ridden it yet?

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can only assume that the lack of reviews is due to the 9r being a complete and utter disaster. The owners are embarrassed.....thus their silence. If only the fools that bought these useless machines had the sense to buy Ski-doo (TM) snowmobiles, their lives would actually be good right now.

Just a guess

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow, never seen that before and I’ve had a lot of Polaris sleds. I love the way these sleds work but the quality is awful lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom