925 big bore

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of our 925 av gas cats in action. Has turned out to be a very sweet package for our customers. Mr Linderman has made many smiley faces here. Keep in mind summer time is the time to build. Pm me or call 780 986 6370 for more details.

Thank you

Deano

IMG 3052 - YouTube

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big bore kit,bd box,custom air box,jaws 3 piece exhaust,ceramic coating,911 clutch cover, heavy hitter weights,gaskets. Installed, tuned ready to ride. Parts=5985.00 Labour= 1425.00 so $7410.00 before tax and shipping. There are some clutch components here that are not have to things. The 911 cover is not a have to yet it shifts much more efficiently than stock and the heavy hitter weights are not a have to yet they give you 15 grams of additional weight to play with and you can pin point specifically where you want the weight placed.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually 8k is not that bad? So let's you have a 2012 or 13 sled your going to sell and to buy new 2015 by time you sell and pay for new one with all your new accessories etc etc it will cost you more than 8k and for what? Just to have a stock 2015 sled? This is why I riding my 2009 M1000 still. Looked last year, rode all the new sleds and thought to myself really I am going to sell my sled and pay approx 9k more for what? Less power than my 1000. As well I still was unsure what sled I even enjoyed the most. So I took my sled to Brent Linderman, put new 2.6 inch track and some engine work, clutching more venting etc and all this for $3000.00 and my sled runs well! I think we are going to see so many changes come 2016-17 that this 925 for some people would be a great option and I know I am holding off for a few more years to buy. Just my 2 cents.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sound lazy Lol J/K nice job guy's sound real nice.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That price is very close to a turbo, regardless if your looking at upgrading a 2012 or building a 2015. I love big bores and hope to be able to have another one someday but for now I seem to be drawn to boost.

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
I was undecided what I was going to do with my 2013-153 and after playing with boost for a little while on another sled Deano had me sold on a BB. I couldn't be happier with my motor Deano built me. These 925's pull like a freight train! Deano had my sled dialed in for the hills when I picked it up no guessing games with numbers or clutching!

As for the price it is very reasonable IMO. Your getting a top notch product and top notch service on a kit that is build tested and tuned in areas most of us ride!

I highly recommend anyone looking at a BB or mods to call Deano!

Next chance I get to ride I'll throw together some video.

Thanks again Deano!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct in saying that the price is closing in on that of a turbo. However that would be a turbo on a stock engine capable of maybe 6-8 psi safely. Our turbos are not 7-8g out the door either as I do not believe in selling the customer a limit of 6-8 psi. With a turbo built engine and the right turbo kit why not give the customer a sled that will run 10-14psi on av gas or more if your willing to run straight race. 8 psi would equate to about a 60-64 hp gain and only once on boost. So lets say a stock 800 on a good day makes 160hp + 64hp= 224hp now with the added weight of a turbo kit vs the 200hp of a big bore on the same fuel and good chance your going to remove weight with an after market exhaust and intake is the turbo really ahead of the game here?? Im not saying either one is better than the other here and definitely not trying to start a fight, all im saying is if they are both purpose built the turbo is going to cost you alot more. Happy trails, have fun and ride safe.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope and ive never seen a turbo at 8 psi last on straight pump either. They will make 190 on pump season after season though.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct in saying that the price is closing in on that of a turbo. However that would be a turbo on a stock engine capable of maybe 6-8 psi safely. Our turbos are not 7-8g out the door either as I do not believe in selling the customer a limit of 6-8 psi. With a turbo built engine and the right turbo kit why not give the customer a sled that will run 10-14psi on av gas or more if your willing to run straight race. 8 psi would equate to about a 60-64 hp gain and only once on boost. So lets say a stock 800 on a good day makes 160hp + 64hp= 224hp now with the added weight of a turbo kit vs the 200hp of a big bore on the same fuel and good chance your going to remove weight with an after market exhaust and intake is the turbo really ahead of the game here?? Im not saying either one is better than the other here and definitely not trying to start a fight, all im saying is if they are both purpose built the turbo is going to cost you alot more. Happy trails, have fun and ride safe.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

I have a 925 kit on my proclimb, so I'm not bashing bigbores and I like pull and go's, but remember, no bigbore makes 190hp at altitude. A turbo maintains that 224hp all day long.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
I have a 925 kit on my proclimb, so I'm not bashing bigbores and I like pull and go's, but remember, no bigbore makes 190hp at altitude. A turbo maintains that 224hp all day long.

Why will a turbo maintain HP at elevation?? Are they running different air?

I think this is a HUGE misconception that maybe we can clear up.

There are MANY factors/variables that determine what a turbo will and will not produce in terms of power ..MANY!!

a GOOD 925 kit will equal a 9PSI Boondcoker boosted PRO at 8500ft in terms of power.. and the Boondocker Pro IMO, makes a good of power as ANY of the other turbo kits..

8PSI and 224HP.. maybe good on a dyno but remember turbos on dynos do not have a calibration factor.. So, be careful of elevated turbo HP claims when on a dyno..

A good 925 BB WILL make 200HP on pump gas at sea level.. and that will equate to a very good running sled at any elevation!

Last edited:

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why will a turbo maintain HP at elevation?? Are they running different air?

I think this is a HUGE misconception that maybe we can clear up.

There are MANY factors/variables that determine what a turbo will and will not produce in terms of power ..MANY!!

a GOOD 925 kit will equal a 9PSI Boondcoker boosted PRO at 8500ft in terms of power.. and the Boondocker Pro IMO, makes a good of power as ANY of the other turbo kits..

8PSI and 224HP.. maybe good on a dyno but remember turbos on dynos do not have a calibration factor.. So, be careful of elevated turbo HP claims when on a dyno..

A good 925 BB WILL make 200HP on pump gas at sea level.. and that will equate to a very good running sled at any elevation!

Ok, maybe I need a good lesson on turbos on sleds, but I do understand turbos on planes and I am pretty sure the concept is the same. More dense air allows more fuel and that allows more HP. Naturally aspirated engines go up in elevation and with less available air density, you get less fuel and less HP. Pretty basic. On a turbo with a wastegate, you set what PSI increase you want to run (on planes its manifold pressure) and the waste gate regulates that pressure to keep it constant. As you climb up into less dense air, the waste gate closes more to allow the turbo to maintain the pressure, hence maintain HP. Am I incorrect on this statement? As you telling me that a if you had a 200 hp bigbore at sealevel and a 200hp turbo and took them to 12,000 feet, they would both still be equal in hp?

Top Bottom