9-11: Where were you, what were you doing?

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was parking at the U of A to go to class when I heard on the radio that the first tower was hit. I sat in the car and listened to the radio as the second plane hit. I then went onto campus and watched footage of it happening on the news. It was an unreal atmosphere and something that I’ll never forget.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woke up for another day of grade 10.... every TV channel had the same thing on, I rode my bike to Sal and went to Social Studies 10 first period... Teach had the TV on and they already knew Bin Laden was the guy... I always thought it was weird that they knew so much so fast....

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was working that day….it was a $hit show…..all kinds of alerts about planes already in the air that went dark….nobody knew whether there were actually planes in Canadian airspace that were involved…then alerts about other possible attacks…..everyone on the edge of their seats, and us knowing the loss of firefighters would be inevitable, but no one expected the numbers to be that high. Just for perspective, the number of firefighters killed that day would have, at the time, been equivalent to close to 50% of the total active firefighters in either calgary or Edmonton.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got called into the Firehall
Due to all the extra planes landing and parking at EIA
Crazy seeing how they stuffed planes in all the spots.

Watched the news the rest of the day.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was getting ready for work, always had the tv news on while getting ready. Saw the second plane go in on live tv.
I have been glued to the tv most of the weekend watching all new documentary's and new footage. One of the more chilling interviews was a fighter pilot who was sent up after the Pentagon was hit and the gov. had an idea they were under attack. They were in such a rush to get the planes up, they weren't armed with missiles. The pilots commander and wing man turned to her and said "I'll ram the cockpit." She knew at that point if they found flight 93, she was going to hit the tail section and take out a plane full of civilians, people they were sworn to protect. That amounts to a suicide mission. There's no way if they found the plane they wouldn't come back alive. They would never be able to live with themselves. Still get chills seeing her face in my mind recounting that.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a great move my the Rothschilds.

Attachments

• 911.jpg
    911.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 94

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we knew it was only a matter of time before the weirdos tried to ruin a good, respectful thread.
Some people are respectful and others are like you. I see you are making a name for yourself in the conspiracy thread.

Last edited:

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember watching the footage on my dispatchers computer and then later that day hauling equipment out of Nisku and I had never seen so many planes on the ground parked. YEG was just packed with 747’s and other larger planes. Over the next few days not seeing any con trails in the sky. Very surreal.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at work. Was checking Wells on my route and heard some things on the radio about it. Wasn't sure what to think. Got done my wells and went to office where we all sat around the computer screen the boss had I running on. So hard to believe that it was actually happening.

Wife and I taped the series that National Geographic put out last couple weeks. We are watching a couple episodes every night.

Can't even begin to imagine what folks went through there.

Top Bottom