800’ Elevation climbs - Polaris Boost!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled would give Matt's boost a beating. His is broken until he gets a fuel pump. But I do wonder why the track issue hasn't been addressed. I doubt that 90% of the people that buy a new sled of any brand are going to spend $2000 to replace a brand new track. Even the guys I know that just snowchecked new Boosts aren't going to do it, and they all have the cash. Makes it even tougher when these sleds are pushing real close to $30,000 by the time you throw on a few accessories and taxes. Guess Ken at Mountain Magic has been onto something for years switching out Polaris tracks for Doo tracks on his Polaris builds.

i rode this sled on the weekend. It will give pretty much anything a beating. works really well. When you sell your factory polaris track it ends up almost being a wash

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well anyone have a boost with the stock polaris 3" Track. Seems like every boost out there is the 2.75" track, I never understood why go a smaller lug especially if u have a turbo and if u ride in deep B.C. powder. I have a 163 3" on my 22 polaris matryx 850 N/A and would say it performs great in the deep. I ordered a 23 polaris matryx 155 3" boost for next year and hoping the 3" track with perform the same or close to it on the boost.
Time will tell I guess
The polaris 3" track is the worse track on any snowmobile... just an FYI.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why I wonder why anyone would buy a takeoff rather than just doing the Doo track unless you were getting the take off for like half the price of the Doo track??

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why I wonder why anyone would buy a takeoff rather than just doing the Doo track unless you were getting the take off for like half the price of the Doo track??
Big market out there of people that have a Polaris 3" on their sled and wreck it. They want a cheap equivalent replacement that performs the same and doesn't require changing other parts. So they buy a take-off 3" Polaris track.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i guess that is what most people say and riding conditions play a big role in how it performs, I really like the 3" powerclaw I had on my 18 cat, I could always do a direct swap if I think the 3" on the boost underperforms but at the end of the day as long as im having fun who really gives a crap.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of experience with Polaris tracks. The Series 7, 3" track is very tough and relatively stiff and heavy. On shorter lengths it tends to trench more than the longer lengths, I hated it on a 163 but like it on a 174 as there is no trenching on a 174 as it stays on top. The Series 8, 2.75" in the 165 length has nearly the same traction but is softer so works better with the N/A sleds as the high power sleds will fold the lug over easier. The 21 design may be different than the 22 too as they added 5 lbs in 2022. You can definately feel the quick spin up of the newer single ply tracks as they are much lighter than the older multi-ply designs. I have heard that cutting every second lug off a Series 7 track works good but I am not ready to take that chance.

Top Bottom