800’ Elevation climbs - Polaris Boost!!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
What a great video, I got to see it first hand and that hill was steeep! It is so lame how people are so brand loyal, poo is the best, doo is the best bla bla. I have owned them all and dialed everyone in to the best of my ability but give credit where it is due, we have used my 21 turbo doo as a benchmark and yes it beat up on the boost pretty good at the start but with a clutch kit and a gear down and doo track the boost is rocking hard and kicked my ass, yes the track is the biggest gain but its a wash by the time you sell the polaris track. In the end hands down with the same clutching done and the skidoo track on the poo, the boost is a faster sled and does feel like it is making more power so of coarse it should. That being said, leave the stock polaris track on and the doo will be right there, I watched Maxwell and Benny duke it out, switch sleds back and forth and they were very close. In my opinion the doo is still the better sled, better value and all around better running sled and yes I own one but I have no brand loyalty so take it for what its worth, I really enjoy riding the boost, it is super comfortable, really predictable and when it winds up it gives a little more heartbeat factor than my doo. I can just not bring myself to buy one cuz of all the issues they have, fouling plugs, guages not working, quick drive sprocket failure, weak tunnels and the most bothersome to me is the fuel and oil consumption difference, on the same ride together the boost took 12 litres more fuel than mine which is crazy and yes I have a 175 and the boost is a 165 but the snow was a foot deep so I cant see the track length being that much of the cause even if it spins a little more. Polaris will have a better map for these sleds and I think it will clean them up and help with the economy so it just is a matter of time and that will be a crazy awesome machine but will it keep up to my 23 doo, I doubt it!!! I will say this though if you guys want more outta your Boost call Altitude Powersports because he really has that thing flying now, good job.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like a blast Ben.

How do you like it compared to your past silber setups?
I like the Matryx chassis, specifically the rear tunnel. The power is very similar, but the bottom end on the boost still feels a bit sluggish compared to the Silber turbo kits. Even with clutching i cant get it as crisp. Some of that is in the mapping, but the P22 and the weights that are currently offered dont have the bottom end snap quite like the P85.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, you would think a guy would be happy that doo makes a track that help that dog of sled perform. If not, he would still be out there hanging the cat guys talking the about the good ol days.

Your Welcome :skidoo:

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember putting a 16” wide Doo track on my first Polaris… my ‘03 Edge. Had a 3” Doo track on my M1100T.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like your boost is hooking up good! I think even my n/a 165 would benefit using that doo track . The 2.75 paddle seems way to soft unless I'm in champagne type powder. I have a boost checked for next season so the track will be first to get swapped then the can

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep, Polaris owes it to their customers. Its actually astonishing how much less machine they are getting from the factory without a proper 3" deep snow track. The difference from Ben and chris's sleds to a stock version is night and day difference. Sucks to have to drop 2+k into a brand new machine but its so worth it. These boosts are real performers with some traction
To be fair the track swap is a wash after selling the 2.75.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 3" polaris track is the worst one they make. the 2.75 is only sligthly better. The Doo track far out shines both tracks.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled would give Matt's boost a beating. His is broken until he gets a fuel pump. But I do wonder why the track issue hasn't been addressed. I doubt that 90% of the people that buy a new sled of any brand are going to spend $2000 to replace a brand new track. Even the guys I know that just snowchecked new Boosts aren't going to do it, and they all have the cash. Makes it even tougher when these sleds are pushing real close to $30,000 by the time you throw on a few accessories and taxes. Guess Ken at Mountain Magic has been onto something for years switching out Polaris tracks for Doo tracks on his Polaris builds.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well anyone have a boost with the stock polaris 3" Track. Seems like every boost out there is the 2.75" track, I never understood why go a smaller lug especially if u have a turbo and if u ride in deep B.C. powder. I have a 163 3" on my 22 polaris matryx 850 N/A and would say it performs great in the deep. I ordered a 23 polaris matryx 155 3" boost for next year and hoping the 3" track with perform the same or close to it on the boost.
Time will tell I guess

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That sled would give Matt's boost a beating. His is broken until he gets a fuel pump. But I do wonder why the track issue hasn't been addressed. I doubt that 90% of the people that buy a new sled of any brand are going to spend $2000 to replace a brand new track. Even the guys I know that just snowchecked new Boosts aren't going to do it, and they all have the cash. Makes it even tougher when these sleds are pushing real close to $30,000 by the time you throw on a few accessories and taxes. Guess Ken at Mountain Magic has been onto something for years switching out Polaris tracks for Doo tracks on his Polaris builds.
WE have been using the Camso X3 for years, and the newer G4 3". It really isnt that much to upgrade. the skidoo track plus getting it cut it just under $2,000. I sold my stock 2.75 for $1500. it was only a $500 upgrade. the traction difference is massive. Then a little clutching and gearing and you have a real mountain sled.

Top Bottom