5th wheel frame failure, how about tires

hedge

Reaction score
I am in the market for a 5th wheel and have been reading quite a bit on rv.net. It seems that there have been quite a few failures of 5th wheel frames, especially trailers made with Lippert frames. Has it happened to anyone local? (alberta area).

Also, I see lots of failures and hate directed at the chinese made tires (duros for example). Has anyone had a blowout or is this more prevalent in the states because of higher temperatures?

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a 5th wheel and have been reading quite a bit on rv.net. It seems that there have been quite a few failures of 5th wheel frames, especially trailers made with Lippert frames. Has it happened to anyone local? (alberta area).

Also, I see lots of failures and hate directed at the chinese made tires (duros for example). Has anyone had a blowout or is this more prevalent in the states because of higher temperatures?

Who uses Lippert frames? Do they use them for toy haulers? I read a few posts on some RV forums where the frame under the garage area started to buckle from a poorly designed suerstructure and frame. Hopefully the manufacturers are learning from past problems and fixing these types of problems.

As far as tires go, you usually get what you pay for, so stay away from cheaper off brand tires. I have always had better luck with premium brand tires. Some of them cost more but they performed well through out their lifespan vs a cheaper tire performing worse and worse as they wore out.

Top Bottom