500 mile review of Polaris matryx slash 165

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you insulated the tank from the tunnel? Heard a rumor one of causes is the fuel is getting too hot due to being mounted direct to the tunnel/cooler, causing the hose to collapse and cavitate the pump? had a buddie insulate his, and it seem to help? sounds like there lots of possible culprits and solutions?

Yeah I was looking at that. I think the entire bottom of the tank should have cork underneath it.

Also didn’t realize you had to remove the tank to change brake pads.

IMG_1328.jpg

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that Boost-It used to run an aftermarket fuel pump in their Polaris sleds. Maybe it would work. Some one on here probably knows what it was. Only problem is warranty. Might work until Polaris gets caught up with a fix.

First I've heard of that, every Polaris Boost-It sled I've seen had the factory fuel pump, mine is nearing 8000km and still the original factory pump. They cut out the factory fuel pressure regulator and fuel return and replaced with a rising rate regulator though.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it depends on the kit and year of the sled. Some had fuel pump issues especially with the extra injectors.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a low fuel pressure code yesterday. Restarted and went away. Hope it lasts me until the end of the month.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealer today sounds like Polaris has a fix coming but will not be avail till after the end of season.

Top Bottom